Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Llarry mailed these pics to me this past week. I was giggling like an idiot in my driveway when I first saw them.

Our latest Tech procedure: Llama liner

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
564 Posts
Finally I can die happy. I've seen it all.

- Darell

------------------

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Boy, don't those pics just eeek at a great Honda Odyssey commercial?

Dang Llary, you really do use the Ody's capabilities quite well!

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Those are the absolute best images I've seen in many days! Thank you Llarry and Jim!

Now I have to explain to my little one why we aren't going to get a pet llama...

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L on order
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Aw, shucks...

As far as the '94 photos, we swapped out batteries in the camera and it somehow caused a warp in the space/time continuum, or maybe the camera reset itself to '94. One or the other...

Hey, Maugham, I got one for sale for ya! Special prices for Odyclubbers...

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where do you get Llama Chow??

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
585 Posts
LOL!

I needed that. That is the most hilarious thing I've seen in ages. *wiping tears from eyes* A picture really is worth 1,000 words!

·
Registered
585 Posts
BTW, I meant to say this earlier...that whole set of photos is HYSTERICAL; reminds me of a Tim Burton vision of Suburbia aka Edward Scissorhands.

You're just looking at another Ody...some pics of some cool interior lining someone built when...oh wait, hey, what's this? Enter picture 4 and the Llama!

LOL!
I was rolling on the floor this morning. Notice there are no neighors outside or staring...just part of the normal routine, get up, brush teeth, load llamas into Odyssey...! HAHAHAHAAA! (trying to breathe) and in pic 5...did everyone notice the other Llama 'grazing' in the front yard! ROTF!! Just another typical day!

Thanks llarry. You really did make my day!

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llarry:
Hey, Maugham, I got one for sale for ya! Special prices for Odyclubbers...</font>
I was wondering if there is a Helm manual equivalent for llamas when I ran across a list of books about llamas at: http://personal.smartt.com/~brianp/books.html .

The title that caught my eye is "Stop Spitting at your Brother."

I wonder if that book might be helpful in managing not only llamas but competitive siblings.

Llarry, I expect to see your crusin' llamas on a TV program someday!

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L on order
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 09-20-2001).]

·
Registered
329 Posts
Excellent, Llarry!

I've heard you post here about using your Ody to cart llamas, but never really thought about how it was done. Great pics!

------------------
2002 SS EX

·
Registered
180 Posts
Llamas are clean, thrifty, brave, reverent, gentle, etc., but they spit! The spit is not spit...it is green. Get the picture? Ewwww! We have cloth covers to protect the upper backrest and headrest of the front seats that we sometimes put on. You haven't lived until the llamas in the back get in a little tiff and here comes green stuff! It is quite rare, but quite unpleasant when it happens.

As far as neighborhood reaction -- many of our neighbors call us a neighborhood treasure; they love the llamas. Strangers driving by are definitely surprised to see seven large animals in the front yard grazing, though. They frequently stop and want to meet the llamas. I even had one guy tell me "Things like your llamas are why we're looking for a house in this area; it's so pastoral!" I always figured some real estate agent owed me a cut if that couple ended up buying.

By the way, if anyone is thinking about a similar lining for firewood or whatever, it was e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e! As I remember, about $500 for the liner after I had made the frame myself.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Llarry:
Llamas are clean, thrifty, brave, reverent, gentle, etc., but they spit! The spit is not spit...it is green. Get the picture? Ewwww! We have cloth covers to protect the upper backrest and headrest of the front seats that we sometimes put on. You haven't lived until the llamas in the back get in a little tiff and here comes green stuff! It is quite rare, but quite unpleasant when it happens.

</font>
Can't you put up a spit shield behind your headrests? Swipe the sneeze-guard from a salad bar or something...

Great photos!

-- Steve P.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Llary,
Hilarious pics
. Good to see another Marylander on the board, and we are relatively close too. The fact that you have Llamas makes it even better. Whenver I pass by an Ody on the road, I'll have to check to see if there are Llamas in the back to see if it's you.

------------------
Chris
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue; Fog Lights; Air Deflector; Splash Guards; Cargo Tray; Cargo Mat

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been wondering if we would ever see pictures of these llamas... turned out to be the perfect week when we all needed a smile. Thanks a llot for the llaughs, llarry.

Maugham, I'll bookmark that link, in case I ever hear myself saying to my boys, "stop spitting at your brother!"

Ok, all you other 'modsters', top that!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice job on the liner. You should sell plans. I'm thinking this would work great for the kids. All I need to do is add shackels.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Llamas are born semi-house trained. We've had a couple of accidents but generally they will wait for pit stops.

Geez..and I thought my two kids were about the messiest animals on earth... I can't imagine cleaning up a llama "accident"!!

[This message has been edited by groupset (edited 09-21-2001).]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts