Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a guy on the Pilot forum who makes non slip pads for the Pilot. I had them in mine...were nice to keep things from sliding around. He now makes them for the Odyssey..and I got a set. Glad he's makin them, keeps my stuff in one place...(no, this isn't an ad..just thought others may like to have) They stick in place....and fit perfect.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've seen them on Ebay. I'm thinking of getting a set. He'll probably have a mad rush now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
LOL, I just made my own. I also did the pull out cup holder in the front and the "coin" tray and the tray underneith the passanger seat. I bought some rubber drawer lining from Wallmart and some spray addhesive. It didn't take long at all. This all cost me 5 bucks. .94 cents for the lining and 4 bucks for the spray. His material does look more sturdy though. But, nothing slips around anymore.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
muh_are_ten is right. They do look sturdy, but I made my own out of felt and double-sided, padded tape (like you could use to hang pictures or for painting). It took me about 1-1/2 hours and cost about $5.00. My interest was to keep things from rattling around. (But as a result, nothing slides around anymore.) I also used the double-sided tape on the back of my rear license plate because it was slightly lopsided and touched the van. (I didn't take the backing off of the side closest to the van.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI

Contact is Wilson Wong [[email protected]]

Pads are only for the '05/'06 Ody. They will not fit older models. Price
is $25 + $5.50 shipping.

But for Ody members, price is $25 and free shipping. (I would appreciate if
you could post this info on the Ody site that I am offering free shipping to
Ody members. When emailing to me for payment info, just let me know that you
are an Ody member.)

Send $25 payment to my email account [email protected] via paypal.

Thanks for your help and thanks for the order.

Wilson

·
Registered
510 Posts
I purchased some of the cup holders a few months back. The only problem was that they started disappearing. I soon realized that they were sticking to the bottom or cold soda cups as I found a few in my garage waste basket. For the folding center tray, I used a free mouse pad that I got from a USPS rep, trimmed it to fit, and then placed it face down (black, bottom side up). It works great.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Speaking of the cup holders, how do they do as far as cups fitting in there. The holders seem shallow enough as it is, and adding the foam would make it shallower, thus a drink more likely to tip.

Is shallower a word? Or is it more shallow??:confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
sega626 said:
Speaking of the cup holders, how do they do as far as cups fitting in there. The holders seem shallow enough as it is, and adding the foam would make it shallower, thus a drink more likely to tip.

Is shallower a word? Or is it more shallow??:confused:
The ones I made are not thick at all. So, It didn't change nothing as far as the depth of the cup holder. But I do agree those cup holders shoulg be a tad bit deeper.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The ones that I purchased were very thin and didn't have any material impact on depth reduction.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just received the 9-piece custom set from Wilson Wong. They are very nice and fit very well. Made from 3M non-slip material with adhesive backing. Not too thick, not too thin. I removed my Plus One Seat so I still need to check the fit of those two pieces.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My initial concern was whether they were cut to fit an EX-L or a Touring. If the Touring console has a different layout, Wilson may need to offer two packages for the Odyssey. You can contact him via email at [email protected]. He is very responsive to email.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just installed my Ody pads today and have to say I'm impressed with the product. Very nice fit, although it takes a little practice to get the pads in just right. The adhesive is not too sticky so you can remove them to move around. It seems to be quieter in the van already.

These pads are not thick enough to make any real difference when it comes to cups falling out of the cupholders.

I even got an extra piece to place around the ignition because I hate the sound of keys clanking of the steering column and dash.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What about colors?

I'm not keen on putting grey pads on my tan center console.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Crispy said:
What about colors?

I'm not keen on putting grey pads on my tan center console.
Pads are black, which picks up on the upper dash. Doesn't look bad (IMHO).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I got my pads, Wilson was thinking of pads for the lazy susan.....he wondered if there was any interest....so, is anyone???

1 - 20 of 235 Posts