Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First time poster I think. Anyways, I just wanted to tell everyone to check their extended warranties. Even though you may have purchased it from HONDA, it doesn't mean it's a Honda Care warranty.

I bought my 08 EX-L brand new off the lot and when it came to buying the extended warranty, I showed them a quote from one of the online Honda dealerships and so they price-matched it. Little did I know that it wasn't a Hondacare extended warranty.

It was actually from a company called Western General VIP and it had a $100 deductible on everything.

I guess I'll wait until I have a lot of problems before I pay the $100 deductible to make it worth it.

Just curious, does the Honda Care extended warranty have a deductible too?

·
Super Moderator
13,838 Posts
Have you checked the dedicated warranty forum? The dealers selling non HondaCare comes up frequently and yes HondaCare has two types of policies. The ones with deductibles and the ones without and both have a separate pricing which is also listed in the Warranty Forum in one of the prices threads.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hi everyone,

First time poster I think. Anyways, I just wanted to tell everyone to check their extended warranties. Even though you may have purchased it from HONDA, it doesn't mean it's a Honda Care warranty.

I bought my 08 EX-L brand new off the lot and when it came to buying the extended warranty, I showed them a quote from one of the online Honda dealerships and so they price-matched it. Little did I know that it wasn't a Hondacare extended warranty.

It was actually from a company called Western General VIP and it had a $100 deductible on everything.

I guess I'll wait until I have a lot of problems before I pay the $100 deductible to make it worth it.

Just curious, does the Honda Care extended warranty have a deductible too?
Good advice! Nothing personal, but ever heard of caveat emptor? You didn't read or look at the page you were signing to see that it didn't say HondaCare?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got an extended warranty with my 09, but it wasn't Hondacare. I read it and it said I had to change oil every 5,000 miles and change the timing belt at 60,000 miles. I cancelled it and went back to the dealer and got Hondacare. Before I did, I got a quote off the internet from a dealer in New Jersey (I think). It was much less than my dealer quoted. I told him I would buy it from the dealer in New Jersey and my dealer said he would match the price. So, I am now warranteed for 5 years and 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
516 Posts
iirc, there was also a lawsuit on some odysseys that the odo rolled faster than they were supposed to so the should extend the warranties a bit too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts