Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a recommendation for seat kick mats that can be installed on the front seats, so my kids don't ruin the seatback leather with their feet. I found some at Babysrus, but they don't really fit the Odyssey too well. (Mainly due to the handle on the back of the seat.)

My search yielded a similar thread from 2009, which digressed into a 'why don't you just teach your kids to not kick the seat, etc...' discussion....

Just to be clear, I'm looking for a recommendation, not child raising advice. Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was looking for a recommendation for seat kick mats that can be installed on the front seats, so my kids don't ruin the seatback leather with their feet. I found some at Babysrus, but they don't really fit the Odyssey too well. (Mainly due to the handle on the back of the seat.)

My search yielded a similar thread from 2009, which digressed into a 'why don't you just teach your kids to not kick the seat, etc...' discussion....

Just to be clear, I'm looking for a recommendation, not child raising advice. Thanks
Know what, recently I started asking my kid to wipe his feet before getting into the van, and it's mostly working (he's quite infatuated with our new Ody :D ). But the odd times he reverts to kicking the seatback (and my back .....), I or Mom will just take his shoes off. Takes care of not ruining the seatback with grime.

BTW, I also pushed his seat (2nd row left) back towards the stern, now he can barely reach my seatback :p

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm glad our 4yrs boy and 8yrs girl didn't do this, because most of our owned cars got leather seat, and I kept telling them everytime they ride with us. You guys either sit here or get out if you ever kick.

TT,

·
Registered
380 Posts
You know you are a redneck if....

:D:D:D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Your seatbacks are leather? Mine aren't. Some sort of synthetic material. Actually cleans up VERY easy and hasn't degraded or worn at all in 6 years of multiple "kicking" episodes. If it isn't leather, I'm not sure you are saving yourself any effort?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your seatbacks are leather? Mine aren't. Some sort of synthetic material. Actually cleans up VERY easy and hasn't degraded or worn at all in 6 years of multiple "kicking" episodes. If it isn't leather, I'm not sure you are saving yourself any effort?

Yes, mine are leather. So far, I havent found any kick nats that work. I have just been cleaning the seatback with baby wipes..

·
Registered
372 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yes, mine are leather. So far, I havent found any kick nats that work. I have just been cleaning the seatback with baby wipes..
I am pretty sure the seat backs on leather equipped cars are not leather. It is pleather or vinyl. Only seating surfaces are leather.
I know that does not help you, but maybe it will ease your mind.
Max

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am pretty sure the seat backs on leather equipped cars are not leather. It is pleather or vinyl. Only seating surfaces are leather.
I know that does not help you, but maybe it will ease your mind.
Max
Agreed, that's certainly the case with the leather seats in my 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring, 2005 BMW X5, 2011 Audi S4 and 2012 Audi Q7. In fact, although my other vehicles have real leather on the sides, I'm not even sure that's the case with my Honda.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Agreed, that's certainly the case with the leather seats in my 2006 Honda Odyssey Touring, 2005 BMW X5, 2011 Audi S4 and 2012 Audi Q7. In fact, although my other vehicles have real leather on the sides, I'm not even sure that's the case with my Honda.
You can rest assured that it may be at least be genuine naugahyde ...... ;)

But you might rather have genuine Corinthian leather :D

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts