Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Odyssey that has some sort of a child safety strap that extends down from the ceiling above each of the rear seats. It's sort of like a seat belt, in that it retracts if you let go of it, but the fastener device is smaller - it looks like it would fit into the receptical on a child car seat, but based on it's position, none of the child car seats (Evenflow brand) I own seem to work with it. Anybody know the purpose of this, or what type of car seat it works with?

·
Administrator
14,480 Posts
There should be only TWO belts that come down from the ceiling depending on your model. If your model came with the plusone seat, there will be one of those for the middle plusone seat in the middle row and another for the middle seat in the last row. There is a small seat belt buckle like thingy on the right side of the middle seat of the 3rd row to latch that into.

Or, post pix and we can help better. Also, in the stickies, there is a thread on your online Owner's manual. Perhaps you can take the owner's manual for a spin and see what they are or how to use 'em if they're are factory belts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's the seatbelt. It stows in the ceiling so the rear seats can fold flat. Click it into the buckle that doesn't look like a full size buckle. Use your key to disconnect it by inserting the tip of the key into the side which releases it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
On the 05, there is only 1 of these straps in the ceiling. This is the shoulder portion of the seatbelt for the center position. The small clip will plug into one of the center buckles, it can only plug into one of them. Once the ceiling strap is plugged in, it can then be used like a normal seatbelt for the center passenger. As stated, to remove this belt, you can use your key or another seatbelt buckle and insert into the side of the buckle you will see a small opening on the side that shows metal, you need to push the metal to release.

·
Registered
786 Posts
On the 05, there is only 1 of these straps in the ceiling.
Wouldn't that only apply to LX's and Tourings? I would think the EX and EXL's would have two, one for each row.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a question - we bought used (sorry) and after getting home we realized the previous owner and stuck the wrong little latch in the ceiling - any ideas on how to get it out or disassemble so we can get it out? It looks like the smaller latch was supposed to hold it in the ceiling and unfortunately someone jammed the slightly larger one in there :(

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Nothing wrong with a used van! ANyway - I am assuming from your description that the buckle is stuck in the plastic cover which is up on the headliner (this is the center belt in the second or third row) - in both cases, the plastic cover which the buckle is stuck in is held in place with 4 plastic clips (one in each corner) - to remove, you pretty much just get under it and yank it down. (a trim removal tool can help prevent breaking fasteners)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts