Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a warning on choosing your Ody color. We chose the Evergreen Pearl six weeks ago or so. The expected delivery date was the end of January. I got a call yesterday evening that there were not enough Evergreen Pearls ordered so Honda is not going to make that color until March. That means I will not get my Ody until the end of March now! Has anyone heard of this before? This sounds crazy to me! Any ideas what I should do next? Waiting till March is not that big of a deal to me since we can save up some more money, but I can't believe a two month delay! Thanks for any insite you guys and gals can provide!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I agree Evergreen Pearl is not a very popular color. That was the reason and the torture I had to endure during my 2 months waiting period. I originally ordered the RedRock Pearl since these 2 are the only new color available so far and seems red has been commented by so many member. However, the actual sighting of the color turned me off as it looked too Chrysler/Windstar for me personally. So for a little exclusivity and after owning a 99' with a so much popular color GG, I changed to EP. Now, after 2 weeks of owning this new EP EX-L-NAV, I love it. Its color just grows on me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am the only one at the Malls so far with the Evergreen Pearl.

I see other ODY colors - I can find mine right away

I like the color - we also have a Dark Green GM Car

And of Course the Red Sports car - stored for winter now - under a Starlight Silver Car Cover

·
Registered
28 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by New Honda and Ody Owner:
I am the only one at the Malls so far with the Evergreen Pearl.

I see other ODY colors - I can find mine right away
</font>
Good point!!! We have an EP on order. Actually the dealer had it on order, and it was the fastest way to get an Ody. Only 6 weeks!! any other color would have been at least 3 months.

------------------
2002 EP LX (dealer had on order, 2 month additional wait for other colors, due in after Christmas)
1998 Civic DX, Blue
1992 Civic LX, Red (Bye-Bye)

Previous Hondas
1987 Prelude, Gray (totaled in 2000 w/188k miles)
1978 Accord, Red

Other cars
1982 Ford EXP (We all make mistakes!)
1969 Olds Delta 88 (with 10 speed bike in back seat in case it broke down)

Family
Myself, Wife, 3 kids (4,2 & newborn). Ever see 3 kids in the back of a 98 Civic?? GOTTA GET THAT ODY SOON!!!!

[This message has been edited by DWF (edited 12-11-2001).]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called around the region and found that so far NO ONE has been notified of the EP being delayed. I got them all panicky though. I wonder if I got bumped because someone was willing to pay over invoice for one. Also, I asked for some compensation for my extra wait and basically I will get two or three free oil changed out of the deal! WOW! NOT! I should get interest on the $500 they have been sitting on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts