Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck,

In your 652i installation you show a pic of an Infinity tweeter in your OE dash location. Did that tweeter have the mesh grille dome? Did you have to do anything to the tweeter to make it fit?

I have a set of 60.2s that I am dying to install and haven't popped the tweeter grille off to explore yet.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Chuck,

In your 652i installation you show a pic of an Infinity tweeter in your OE dash location. Did that tweeter have the mesh grille dome? Did you have to do anything to the tweeter to make it fit?

I have a set of 60.2s that I am dying to install and haven't popped the tweeter grille off to explore yet.

</font>
My memory sucks, but if there was a grille dome on the tweeter, it didn't interfere.

I do remember that the total depth of the Infinity was slightly less than stock, so when I separated the stock mounting bracket from the stock tweeter I had to add a thin spacer to the new "sandwich" when I put it back together. Just something to permit the mounting bracket to apply a little pressure to hold the new speaker in place. If you look very closely at the pic you're talking about, you'll notice the corner of a piece of thin wood I used to serve as the spacer. Thinking about it now, a piece of foam tape may have worked as well or better.

The whole process is pretty simple and will be obvious when you pull the originals out.

The only other thing I can remember is that the originals and the brackets are glued together in addition to being screwed together, meaning that you'll have to pry them apart after removing the screw in the center of the magnet structure. No big deal.

Good luck and have fun.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics & projects.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woohoo!! I can't wait. The Ody is gettin' new tunes tomorrow.

Thanks for the info!

I'll pull out the crappy digicam and see if I can get some usable shots of the process.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ouch.

I installed my Infinity 60.2 (6.5" components) and 4.2i (4" 2 way) in my, er ... Lydia's Ody today.

There's hardly any room behind the passenger side kick panel to get your hand in there to run wire. My hands look like hamburger meat.
I unbolted the fuse block to get a little bit more room.

The tweeters were the easiest part of the install.
The hardest was finding something thin enough to pop up the grille.

Anyway, they are in and they sound great. Time for a subwoofer and an amp.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

[This message has been edited by Jim F (edited 06-10-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts