Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
565 of 567 Chuck, treyh1 & Auburn--rattles by dlh2 Mar 21, 2001 (06:34 am)
After an afternoon of adjusting and test drives my annoying rattle is still there. I've now narrowed it down to the interior door handle linkage inside the door. When I tap on the interior door panel with my knuckles, I hear a metallic rattle, but when I push the door handle forward tensioning the linkage, the rattle dissapears. Passenger slider doesn't do this, nor is the handle itself loose on the splines as Auburn suggested. I haven't pulled the door panel off yet, but I'm willing to bet there are rod linkages that run horizontally across the door that ride in plastic guide clips, and one rod is not clipped in it's guide. Chuck, since you have had your door panels off, does this sound possible? Any tricks to removing the slider door panel?
Dorhn

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ah, there you are. Sorry, I tried to answer at Edmunds, but they seem intent on shooting themselves in the foot.

Back to the problem at hand. I can't remember the door linkage clearly, but I do know that in mine the slider lock knobs rattled quite a bit. I think I just filled the slots in the handles with putty when I reassembled them.

Panel removal is fairly straightforward as long as you have the manual. Without it, you could run into a few problems.

Let us know how you're doing.

------------------
Chuck
Ody Pictures and Projects

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 03-21-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts