Discussion Starter #1
Details to follow...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Chuck's already got one. I hope you installed Marvyn's, or you just wasted a lot of effort. Or is this Chuck's forth generation?

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
I haven't had a date in months (well, years actually, but that's a different story)
2001 Civic EX

[This message has been edited by darelldd (edited 10-22-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Shoot, shoot, shoot!!!

I knew there was something I forgot to order from HandA.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Chuck got it from Hy first so I thought it only fitting that I would take it from him...

Ok, install was fairly easy; again I spent 30 minutes trying to ensure where I was installing it was indeed the spot I wanted it in.

Everything went pretty smoothly after that except that when I screwed those 2" screws in they just disappeared somewhere between the rubber under the carpet & the frame. I finally got them through the frame and out into the wheel-well area.

Then I was all ready to cut them...except I had been playing w/ my dremel too much lately and it was out of juice.
So I had to let it charge up overnight & went out the next morning & cut them off. I followed that up with a few squirts of rubberized undercoating spray.

All in all, I'll give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. I did not bend the left leg enough and when I screwed it down tight, the pedal actually ended up angling in slightly so that its not quite straight across. Its not really enough to be noticeable (although I notice it) and I don't think I'm going to mess with it.

But wow, what a difference! It helps me 'climb' in and adjust my BUTT in the seat and it provides a natural place to rest your foot. Ahhhh, I feel so much better with it in (I know, its a mental thing) but darnit, it just feels 'right' now.

In summary; its really easy to install one so I'd highly recommend this to anyone thinking about it.

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 10-23-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:

Everything went pretty smoothly after that except that when I screwed those 2" screws in they just disappeared somewhere between the rubber under the carpet & the frame. I finally got them through the frame and out into the wheel-well area.

Then I was all ready to cut them...except I had been playing w/ my dremel too much lately and it was out of juice.
So I had to let it charge up overnight & went out the next morning & cut them off. I followed that up with a few squirts of rubberized undercoating spray.

All in all, I'll give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. I did not bend the left leg enough and when I screwed it down tight, the pedal actually ended up angling in slightly so that its not quite straight across. Its not really enough to be noticeable (although I notice it) and I don't think I'm going to mess with it.
</font>
Don't know if this'll help, but IIRC, mine wasn't exactly where I wanted it when everything was screwed down, either. I think I used something like a c-clamp to grab the "tall" leg(s) to be able to fold it just enough to bring it into a comfortable position. It didn't hurt anything and it helped make it "feel" just right.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts