Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a weird problem with the cigarette lighter on my '98 Odyssey EX. The fuses look fine, wiring looks good, radio works, I even show 12 volts going through the cigarette lighter with a volt meter, but nothing I plug in works. The cigarette lighter, car charger for my cell phone, or inverter. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ground cable is just fine. Rechecked all wires, getting 12-14 volts to the cigarette lighter and even inside the lighter housing. As soon as I plug something in, voltage drops to 2-3.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Probably a bad power socket relay in the passenger fuse panel. Does the rear socket do the same thing? if it doesn't you have a bad socket or wire between the relay and socket

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would that affect only the cigarette lighter? Rear socket? Not sure what you mean there. The wiring at the back of the cigarette lighter stays at 12 volts even when something is plugged in.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Then where are you measuring the reduced voltage? "As soon as I plug something in, voltage drops to 2-3." There is a socket in the rear driverside of the van. Both sockets are on the same relay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts