Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, we got them installed on my 2019 Odyssey Ex-l yesterday.
A long story short my friend wanted to go down to 18" on his 2017 Type R and offered the wheels to me for the price he paid for his 18" wheels which is a bargain. Bolt pattern is the same (5x120) and they are only 0.5" wider with 10mm more offset compared to my stock 18" wheels so I figured why not. I didn't want to give up comfort of ride so I decided to go with Pirelli Scorpion STR 245/50/20 tires. Turned out I have literally a credit card or two gaps every direction which is perfect and it's not rubbing any. The only thing we had to add was 5/16" spacers (10 full turns even with a spacer!) for the rear to clear the control arms. Also these tires were so stiff that we had to cheetah the crap out of it to mount.
So far:
Drove about 150 miles without any problems
No rubbing at all even at hard bumps
No rubbing doing full 2 lane u turn
No rear rubbing with 13 boxes of 50lb vegetables (I own a restaurant in Orlando so I had to buy some supplies and loaded as much as I can in the back to test)
All in all I'm very happy with the looks (Sorry I'm not into thin tires and lowering) and outcome so far :)

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
It looks really good with the combination. I think the FK8 is a 20x8.5 with +60mm offset. The G5 Odyssey is a 18x7.5 with +55mm offset. Big difference in the wheel width; I believe you lucked out with the clearance because of the 20" diameter. If it was 18", it would have surely rubbed.

However, we had this discussion over at ROC (Ridgeline Owners Club). With the design characteristics of the Type-R, the wheels will NOT handle the GVWR of the Ridgeline, let alone the G5 Odyssey. To each his own, and I know I will not be installing this wheel on my Ridgeline or my Odyssey. I hope and pray they serve you well.

BTW, is that a turbo TSX in the back?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I like it. I hate to look like everyone else. All my cars are customized. Oddysey is wife’s vehicle though. I would try a small 1/8” single red pinstripe With the H in the middle on the qtr panel. And a 1/4“ on the rocker molding. I tried to draw it in the pic to get an idea. Hard to visualize. Easy to do. pinstripe will come off easy if you don’t press down on it hard when playing around. Also loosing the bug sheild will smooth the lines up more if your not in love with it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I took the entire middle seats down and been using it as a cargo van since I don't have any kids and this is more for me and my wife. I've seen some these wheels getting cracked by just hard handling and going over the potholes on Type R so I'm trying to take as much care as possible. It's was just too good of price to pass so I'll keep updated if anything happens

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Southview, that's what I'm planning on doing, looking for 1/8" 3M red tape right now to match the color

·
Registered
71 Posts
With the design characteristics of the Type-R, the wheels will NOT handle the GVWR of the Ridgeline, let alone the G5 Odyssey. To each his own, and I know I will not be installing this wheel on my Ridgeline or my Odyssey. I hope and pray they serve you well.
I would be concerned about the weight as well. Smufguy's point should not be taken lightly.

When searching for winter wheels for our 2016, I specifically declined some admittedly-awesome M3 takeoffs the fellow was also selling in preference to the X5 rims I ended up with, primarily on GVW concerns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would be concerned about the weight as well. Smufguy's point should not be taken lightly.

When searching for winter wheels for our 2016, I specifically declined some admittedly-awesome M3 takeoffs the fellow was also selling in preference to the X5 rims I ended up with, primarily on GVW concerns.
Drove about 400 miles so far since I got these on with running over a few pot holes with full loads. Some were very close calls and my balls felt the hit. I've been checking for cracks and unusual deformed shape pretty everyday, so far so good. I think these meaty tires are helping a lot

·
Registered
25 Posts

What year X5 wheels did you go with? I was looking at a set on FBM locally, but wasn't sure the specs would work.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What year X5 wheels did you go with? I was looking at a set on FBM locally, but wasn't sure the specs would work.
Mine are Style 130 from an E53, which is the 1st gen X5 (1999-2006). I wanted something pretty conservative, OEM-ish. These are 17x7.5. There is some confusion about the offset, I believe it is +40. I haven't measured it myself but I could if you are interested.

Here is a neat BMW wheel database (if you speak German)
Or you can browse the site with Google Chrome and enable the translation feature.

There are a handful of threads on here about Bimmer wheels as well, try searching for "BMW" and/or "de-pax".

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine are Style 130 from an E53, which is the 1st gen X5 (1999-2006). I wanted something pretty conservative, OEM-ish. These are 17x7.5. There is some confusion about the offset, I believe it is +40. I haven't measured it myself but I could if you are interested.
You are correct, they are +40mm offset with a center bore of 72.6mm. Which means the wheels would need a hubcentric ring. The 17" wheel was only offered from 1999-2003.
2004+ switched to the 18". The X5 wheels are one of the most popular wheels that folks at ROC use as well. Very conservative indeed.
Just one advice, you may need to watch how the van behaves under braking. -10mm is a rather large offset on wheels, esp on a wheel that is only 7.5" wide.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are correct, they are +40mm offset with a center bore of 72.6mm. Which means the wheels would need a hubcentric ring. The 17" wheel was only offered from 1999-2003.
2004+ switched to the 18". The X5 wheels are one of the most popular wheels that folks at ROC use as well. Very conservative indeed.
Just one advice, you may need to watch how the van behaves under braking. -10mm is a rather large offset on wheels, esp on a wheel that is only 7.5" wide.
I will certainly pay attention to the braking, thanks. I haven't had them on for an extended run yet. I only checked clearances by going around a few blocks when I first bought them. The +50 offset is really obnoxious to try to replicate.

I've got the rings on hand. I also feel obligated to mention the lug nut seat difference, anything other than Honda wheels will need different nuts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts