Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of you helpful friends I learned how to remove and clean the gunk out of my IAC, totally fixed the problem of surging at idle, but now that's running great it pulls a p1519 code, which it did not do before I cleaned it out. I have a feeling something is loose or another obvious thing I missed, but wandered if anyone else had the same problem after cleaning theirs. I searched, but did not find a previous thread, if there's one there can anyone point me in the right direction please, like how do I troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Van is a 2000 model, EX with 184,000 miles, third transmission :mad:

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Make sure the 3P connector is properly connected. Pull Fuse #13 in the Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box to reset and see if the code comes back. Could be loose connector or an intermittent failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a similar cleaning of my intake manifold and EGR and started getting IAC codes along with the surging idle. I figured that I flushed some gunk out of the throttle body and into my IAC valve, so I replaced the IAC valve which took care of the surging but now I have a P1519 code and a shudder when dropping off the throttle at highway speed and the transmission changes from fourth to third. I'm started down the path of the third clutch pressure sensor, but it seems odd that all this started with the IAC cleaning and replacement. I just read the recommendation above to check the 3P connector and to pull fuse #13. Does anyone else have ideas?

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
If you have a p1519 code, why would you look at third clutch pressure sensor? That code is an IAC valve circuit malfunction. That means it's a wiring or electrical issue. Need to know what year your vehicle is but it looks like the IAC has three wires. One should be power with the ignition switch ON. Another should be ground and the last goes to the PCM. If I knew what year vehicle you had I could tell you which wire should be which.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi John, I thought my profile information showed with my post. This is my 99 Odyssey EX with 230k miles on it. The IAC valve was replaced and then it threw another code P1739 which showed as a Problem in 3rd Clutch Pressure Switch Circuit in addition to the P1519. I suspect that the IAC is responsible for the shudder on deceleration and I'm thinking that maybe that also caused the P1739 code to occur. I'm about to dig into it again tonight and I'll check the plug contacts on the 3P connector.

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
There's no vehicle information in your original post but I see it there now in your post above.

So, the IAC valve was replaced. Were the codes cleared after that was replaced?

The P1739 code is a circuit code so either the pressure switch is failing or there is a wiring problem between it and the PCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts