Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a clear bug deflector for their '02 Odyssey? If so, who, what, and where? Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm also looking for clear so can paint to match body color. Also which product has the sleekest design and closly follows the contours of the hood? Any available in real carbon fiber?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd like to hear stories on wheather those bug deflectors really work. If I just want to protect the leading edge of the hood, I can use that stick-on invisible acrylic "bodysaver". I'm asking if these deflectors actually deflect bugs from hitting your windshield. Has anyone ever run a test--Two vans side by side flying down a two lane highway in the Everglades in July with the high beams on. One with a deflector, one without. I'd seriously be interested in the results. If the deflector actually works, thus saving the lives of countless skeeters and such, does that make your vehicle more "green"?

To answer your question, Snake, no I have not seen any clear deflectors but it sounds like a good idea.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Ody will be here soon, and I want to get a clear deflector and paint it white to match. Hope someone comes through in the next day or two with a solution.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like "Lund" makes a clear deflector, but you cannot buy it from them directly (they make a smoke color also). Now to find a distributor with a good price! I'll post again when I get it!

[This message has been edited by nwf_snake (edited 02-15-2002).]

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once again, we prove the adage(sp?) that if "you can't find it at Wal-Mart, you don't need it!" Thanks for the info, I'll hit our Supercenter tomorrow! Unfortunately, we don't have a Pep-Boys here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts