Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 2011 touring in the next 2 weeks, have anyone used the clear film to protect the bumpers?
My current car is a 2003 TL and bumper is all scrached up by people parallel parking. I live in NYC.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've used it on the hood and other areas, but not the actual bumper due to cost.

I would expect that it would work well in your town. Parking by feel damage would be reduced but of course not eliminated.

Cheers.

·
Banned
727 Posts
deranw said:
I'm getting a 2011 touring in the next 2 weeks, have anyone used the clear film to protect the bumpers?
My current car is a 2003 TL and bumper is all scrached up by people parallel parking. I live in NYC.
I haven't, but just a though: What does it cost to repaint the bumper after several years, compared to putting a plastic shield on it? It seems that many times, the small scratches aren't the problem, but rather the scrapes, that the film wouldn't protect from.

Where I live, you can get a factory finish on a Sienna rear bumper for $400.00 including repairing some deeper scrapes.

What would it cost to put a film on?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I got the clear bra installed on the whole front end of my 2010, Hood (24"), Bumper (24")and lower (4"), side front quarter panels, headlights, rear of mirrors, back of door handles. Total cost for me was $450. The installer says it was a bitch to put on. (Too many angles) I assume the angles as similar on the 2011.

Here is a thread with a pic..
There is also a guy for NYC on there who said it help with the bumper rash.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99673

I also saw the pre-cut Ebay stuff, its not bad but if you don't know how to install it, you will not be happy with it.
It takes lot of patience and skill in order to get all the bubbles out. just my .02

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts