Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to get plastic headlight covers? GTS and Autoventshade don't make any. I put a set on a Dakota before driving to the arctic circle and back. They really did a good job of protecting the factory plastic headlights against gravel from oncoming traffic on unpaved roads. I'd like to keep that nice clear lens on the Ody's lights.

------------------
'91 Sentra SE-R
'57 Chevy Belair Sport Coupe.
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Have you looked into the protective products from X-pel.com (http://www.xpel.com/headlight/product.asp?make=Honda#P0208B)? Don't know how effective or easy-to-apply they are, but they're certainly an option.

------------------
(o: Terry :eek:)
'02 GG EX-L RES
Splash guards, mod floor mats & cargo tray, soon-to-be TV tuner, soon-to-be Zaino

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have the MacNeil LampGards on my Odyssey and they seem to be a good product. They are clear overlays (so clear you do not know they are there, once installed) and go on pretty easily. Should you get and install them, you should know that what they say about trapped air is true. When you install the overlays, you will find that you have some air bubbles which you cannot purge. They tell you that they will go away in a couple of weeks. It is true. Mine became perfectly clear in under two weeks. They are available from the MacNeil Company. The online address is www.mats.com. Good luck.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have used the Lampguards on another vehicle with good results. Got them for my Ody, just haven't had a chance to put them on yet. Very high quality and really does the job well!

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
More stuff on the way...
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip on the lampguards. This sounds like the flexible stick-on type. If so, are they removable if they should get damaged or turn yellow? I know that clear stick-on rockerpanel stuff from JC whitney peels off.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't know if you can get 'em off, but, they say they will not ever turn yellow. If and when you get them, be sure to have a helper at hand when you do the install. You must keep the whole area, including the LampGard very wet, since you will find that they pretty much cling to the first spot they touch and the wetter the area, the better chance you will have to adjust them. Also, your assistant will have to heat the LampGard material with a hair dryer, so that it will be soft and stretchable. Luckily, the Odyssey lens is pretty flat and, with a little stretching, you can get a very nice job. Done correctly, you will never know they are there.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts