Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this company in a 4wd magazine. www.xpel.com They use a clear 3M urethane film, custom cut for vehicles including the Odyssey....they also guarantee against fading/cracking/and a paint guarantee when using their clear front end bra. Anyone tried this product(s)?? I hate the thought of an ugly, flapping, vinyl bra on my Ody.

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
1999 Pit Bull/Catahoula Leopard dogs

·
Registered
244 Posts
OdyRocky
I have an old type of a 3M product, I applied to my areo package and leading edges of the fenders. It hasn't yellowed and certainly works in protecting the paint. The stuff I used was given to me about 8 years ago, I'm sure they have improved the product since then. The other day I was at a tint shop that I use, and they were applying the stuff to the hood of a 430 Lexus, It looked good.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder how easy it is to remove the product. According to the websites pics I couldn't tell the difference once applied, so for $50-$60 it seems like cheap insurance and looks better than the air deflector!

-Kurt

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kurthack:
I wonder how easy it is to remove the product. According to the websites pics I couldn't tell the difference once applied, so for $50-$60 it seems like cheap insurance and looks better than the air deflector!

-Kurt
</font>
IIRC, if you do the hood, bumper and headlights it'll come closer to $3oo.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well we are planning an Arizona to Alaska roadtrip hopefully late summer. It may be cheap insurance against dings/rocks/chips. We have never been too 'rententive' about our vehicles however when I look at the replacement costs for a headlamp assembly.....it may pay off? Will do more research and advise...thx to members who shared their experiences!
Rocky

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have actually purchased that product some time ago and have just not gotten around to putting it on yet. The headlight protectors I have done and they are great!
I talked to a paint and body shop in Santa Monica which is an "authorized" installer of the stuff and they want a LOT for the install. I guess it can be kind of tricky to do it right. He said they do a lot of high end cars (Porsches, Mercedes even a couple of Ferraris etc.) Sounds like a good product, if I can ever find the time to install, I will certainly post my experience. I have used bras in the past but wanted to try something different this time.
BTW here is the website I used:
http://www.clearbra.net/home.html
------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 01-19-2002).]

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sure sounds like Chipguard to me, you might want to look at the other commentary on these forums. I just asked about it a couple days ago.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not ordered the xpel product yet..but plan to my the end of Summer. Actually we just did a quick 500 mile trip up north and made some interesting observations now the vehicle is covered in dirt/road grime. Amazing how much grime collects on the rear hatch area too. As soon as I order the product/have it installed I will post results. I don't like those car bra's at all. Most I have seen our ill-fitting and actually cause more damage over time than going without one. Kind of like an answer looking for a problem....

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
2000 Kenmore Vacuum with 5spd/adjustable suspension/Cyclonic cleaning/washable air filter/N.O.S. badge/racing stripes/100w headlight

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

-Kurt
Amazon sells a vinyl remover liquid that RV Class A owners use to remove the clear Diamond Shield product that is held on by adhesive. Diamond Shield is only guaranteed for 5 years. Good thing! After many road miles the vinyl gets punctured by debris such as sand. The puncture allows water to get to backside of the vinyl and that water supports growth of yuck! behind the shield. If not removed the shield makes the front of a really nice Class A motorhome with it’s fancy paint job look like it’s not been cleaned in decades. Removing the vinyl is best done by you. The cost for a company to remove many years old vinyl is expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.