Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this company in a 4wd magazine. www.xpel.com They use a clear 3M urethane film, custom cut for vehicles including the Odyssey....they also guarantee against fading/cracking/and a paint guarantee when using their clear front end bra. Anyone tried this product(s)?? I hate the thought of an ugly, flapping, vinyl bra on my Ody.

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
1999 Pit Bull/Catahoula Leopard dogs

·
Registered
244 Posts
OdyRocky
I have an old type of a 3M product, I applied to my areo package and leading edges of the fenders. It hasn't yellowed and certainly works in protecting the paint. The stuff I used was given to me about 8 years ago, I'm sure they have improved the product since then. The other day I was at a tint shop that I use, and they were applying the stuff to the hood of a 430 Lexus, It looked good.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder how easy it is to remove the product. According to the websites pics I couldn't tell the difference once applied, so for $50-$60 it seems like cheap insurance and looks better than the air deflector!

-Kurt

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kurthack:
I wonder how easy it is to remove the product. According to the websites pics I couldn't tell the difference once applied, so for $50-$60 it seems like cheap insurance and looks better than the air deflector!

-Kurt
</font>
IIRC, if you do the hood, bumper and headlights it'll come closer to $3oo.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we are planning an Arizona to Alaska roadtrip hopefully late summer. It may be cheap insurance against dings/rocks/chips. We have never been too 'rententive' about our vehicles however when I look at the replacement costs for a headlamp assembly.....it may pay off? Will do more research and advise...thx to members who shared their experiences!
Rocky

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have actually purchased that product some time ago and have just not gotten around to putting it on yet. The headlight protectors I have done and they are great!
I talked to a paint and body shop in Santa Monica which is an "authorized" installer of the stuff and they want a LOT for the install. I guess it can be kind of tricky to do it right. He said they do a lot of high end cars (Porsches, Mercedes even a couple of Ferraris etc.) Sounds like a good product, if I can ever find the time to install, I will certainly post my experience. I have used bras in the past but wanted to try something different this time.
BTW here is the website I used:
http://www.clearbra.net/home.html
------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 01-19-2002).]

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sure sounds like Chipguard to me, you might want to look at the other commentary on these forums. I just asked about it a couple days ago.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have not ordered the xpel product yet..but plan to my the end of Summer. Actually we just did a quick 500 mile trip up north and made some interesting observations now the vehicle is covered in dirt/road grime. Amazing how much grime collects on the rear hatch area too. As soon as I order the product/have it installed I will post results. I don't like those car bra's at all. Most I have seen our ill-fitting and actually cause more damage over time than going without one. Kind of like an answer looking for a problem....

------------------
2002 Silver EX
1996 VW Gti
2000 Kenmore Vacuum with 5spd/adjustable suspension/Cyclonic cleaning/washable air filter/N.O.S. badge/racing stripes/100w headlight

1 - 9 of 9 Posts