Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of a few different products for removing fine scratches in clear plastic (headlight lenses, gauges, side view mirrors, etc.), but I'm having a heck of a time trying to find any of them here in Calgary (w/o ordering over the net).

Any canucks out there have a good source?

Thanks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have had good luck with good old toothpaste. I'm sure you can find some dedicated product, but, you might just step into the bathroom and get the tube and try it. Most pastes are lightly abrasive, but, some may be a little grittier, so go slow and good luck. What I used was just basic Crest, not those which promise whiter teeth, since I suspect they have more "sand" in them. Again, good polishing!

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jerry. I'll give that a try. My sideview mirrors will be scratch free and minty fresh!

The product I was trying to hunt down is Maguires Plastic Scratch Remover (or some similar name). I can't find it anywhere. Anyways, your solution is cheaper, and if it doesn't work, I can still brush my teeth with it!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phil47:
The product I was trying to hunt down is Maguires Plastic Scratch Remover (or some similar name). I can't find it anywhere.</font>
I can get it here and was going to offer to send you some but then after Canada whupped the US in men's hockey, I decided against it

Thanks for lending us your sport for so many years

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
I can get it here and was going to offer to send you some but then after Canada whupped the US in men's hockey, I decided against it

Thanks for lending us your sport for so many years
</font>
No problem, but enough was enough!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I use PLEXUS plastic polish on my motorcycle windshield, and automotive paint and chrome, etc. Great Stuff! Best place to find it is at a motorcycle dealer. There is an 800 number for a dealer locator, but I can't find the number. Here is one site that advertises it -- it is available widely by mail order.

http://www.properautocare.com/plexus.html

------------------
2002 TW EX; Weathertechs; Splash; 4X Pioneer 1695's w/ Blaupunkt Casablanca head unit; Hella Supertone Horns; Hitch w/ Transmission & Power Steering Coolers; 2001 Five-spoke Alloy Wheels, California Flames.
2000 Honda CBR 929 RR.
Honda "Masters" GXV140, 135 cc. mower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts