Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just joined the group, and I am surprised and happy to see such a good site for a 'family car'. Looks like there are others out there who are customizing this vehicle. That is good.
Just bought an '02, and I have to admit that the red-amber tail lights don't do it for me.
I checked 'APC' and 'lightlens' for clears and cannot find any.
Has anyone found clear or 'euro-look' tail lights for 99 and up Odysseys? If there are no aftermarkets available, what do the European or Japanese versions have for tail lights?
Thanks for any help!

------------------

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
First of all, welcome to the club !
The Japanese version (Lagreat) has the same tailights as the '02, amber turns.
Don't think anyone makes clear lenses yet as the demand may not be there.
My 2 cents, those lenses look too "ricey".Nowadays, I see everyone AND their grandma with clear lenses !

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:
My 2 cents, those lenses look too "ricey".Nowadays, I see everyone AND their grandma with clear lenses !
</font>
I'm not a fan of them either, BUT ... I talked to a guy with a nicely modded mini truck the other day. He had round taillights set in a molded "carbon fiber" bezel and a plain clear lense over all of it. It looked very nice!

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
244 Posts
FYI
Mark Neal @ Kiyoshi's Motorsports in Fresno, is looking into importing the red/clears. It may be next month before he knows if he can get them. He also knows the cost has to be close to that of the red/amber lenses from HandA. His # is (559)451-0193

·
1,484 Posts
Thanks for the heads up Mark. I'm sort interested in the red/clear myself. And if it's close the price of red/ambers then that's pretty good - considering it's an import. I just hope the quality is as good as the stock taillights.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nestor,
I'm hoping they are close, Mark told me he had found some that were over a grand. I told him of our interest, but the price would dictate it. Fingers crossed, He also told me the police are not keen on the all clears.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Don't worry about the "taillight police". If you are stopped, just tell 'em you're on your way home to make some pilaf outa your van...........

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
He also told me the police are not keen on the all clears.</font>
Another reason why I don't like the all clears. The cops always single out the rice-boys these days.
Thanks for the heads-up Mark. The red-clears are also catching my eye. Keep us up to date.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with lotsa stuff.S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MGians:
Nestor,
I'm hoping they are close, Mark told me he had found some that were over a grand. I told him of our interest, but the price would dictate it. Fingers crossed, He also told me the police are not keen on the all clears.
</font>
Dang, over a Grand! Hmm...let's hope not. Yeah, clears would really look nice on your Ody Mark. Unfortunately cops in Cali can and would most likely would pull you over and write you a ticket for having clears. And if they're in a bad mood, then they might write you for other modifications. Like once, my friend was ticketed for noise polution because of the sound from his exhaust made.

Although I'm not too sure about minivans but ricey type imports are usually targets for Cali cops.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nestor, I agree on the clears.
But figure the red/clears would set us apart, and don't need the possible hassles.

Happy New Year my friend.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nestor, I plan to go out to Fresno to check them out when they come in to check quality before I buy. I will let you know, if their good.

P

·
0 Posts
Question: if the red/clears might cause problems, then why aren't all the 2002 Siennas being pulled over? They've got red/clears.

Is is just a matter of adding an orange bulb underneath?

(I personally like the red/clears)

Michelle

·
Registered
244 Posts
The problem or the possible is the all clear lenses, void of the red. You still would have to install amber bulbs anyway.

·
Registered
33 Posts
FWIW, if anybody wants a set of all red '00s, I have 'em. They have ~5000 miles on 'em and I'll sell them for $100+actual shipping. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Changed mine out for JDM red/ambers a while back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts