Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2009 EX and when making a turn from a stop, generally right turns, I've noticed a rapid clicking noise. My first thought was a cv shaft but it seems a little too rapid and even though it's used my van only has 40k miles on it, that seems a little low for a cv shaft to go bad in my experience. I haven't crawled underneath to check things out in person yet but thought I'd post to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never got around to looking at it myself. I was at the dealer for an inspection sticker so I had them check it out. I laid out exactly the conditions I was able to reproduce the sound, they confirmed it and did the repair, no more clicking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This might be a silly question, but considering i just bought the van used without a warranty, is there any chance the dealer would do this repair at no charge because it is a TSB? It's a 2009 as well.

Also how much might this job cost?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
513 Posts
This might be a silly question, but considering i just bought the van used without a warranty, is there any chance the dealer would do this repair at no charge because it is a TSB? It's a 2009 as well.
TSBs are just additions to the technical manual, not warranty extensions. You can ask the dealer to see if Honda will help out, considering how young your car is, but that's it.

BTW, CV joints are covered under the powertrain warranty. Guess you have a lot of mileage...

Nicolas

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you Nicolas,

The car has just over 37k, i did buy it used without a warranty. I think it is covered up to 36 by original owner.. What timing!

I think i'm still going to call the dealer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
From comments by others on this forum the US* powertrain warranty is 5 years / 60K miles. 3 years / 36K miles is the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

The CV joints are covered by the powertrain warranty.

I would check with a dealer if I were you...

Nicolas

* Up here in Canada, it is 3 years / 60K kms and 5 years / 100K kms. But we have polar bears as pets, so it evens out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to follow up, you were right Nicolas. It indeed was the axle/CV joint and luckily it was covered on the powertrain warranty. I do have the powertrain left for 5yrs/60K (I think)

A little surpised it went bad so early, but that's another story.

Thanks again!

Mike

·
Registered
513 Posts
All's well that ends well...

:)

Nicolas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts