Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing my oil this holiday weekend and could not help but notice a paticular engine sensor making a loud clicking sound. The sensor is located up near the brake vaccuum and air filter in the upper right hand side. The sensor is marked with the suppliers name "Denso" on it being held on a bracket. It appears to be monitoring air flow going to the air filter. The clicking sound is pretty noticeable and you can feel the unit clicking when you hold it. The sound is the most noticeable coming from the engine and does not seem correct. Has anyone else notice this? Is something wrong with this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sab2624:
I was changing my oil this holiday weekend and could not help but notice a paticular engine sensor making a loud clicking sound. The sensor is located up near the brake vaccuum and air filter in the upper right hand side. The sensor is marked with the suppliers name "Denso" on it being held on a bracket. It appears to be monitoring air flow going to the air filter. The clicking sound is pretty noticeable and you can feel the unit clicking when you hold it. The sound is the most noticeable coming from the engine and does not seem correct. Has anyone else notice this? Is something wrong with this?</font>
Is this the unit that feels like there's a ball bouncing up and down in it? If it is, then yes, it is normal, at least that's what the service guy told me when I brought my '01 in for them to look at.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sab2624- I previously owned a 2000 LX, and the same sensor over the brake master cylinder was clicking like mad all the time. I thought it was defective, since it is a solenoid and I wouldn't expect it to be toggling open/closed continuously under normal circumstances. But it sounds like from your experience (and others) that maybe it just runs all the time. I never had problems with the brakes. Good luck!

------------------
Waiting for SS 2002 LX

1 - 3 of 3 Posts