Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone.

I'm the original owner of 2007 Odyssey,touring. The climate control display screen went blank but all control buttons still lights up just not responsive. I have checked all fuses in these locations, below driver side, below passenger side, two under the hood behind the power steering reservoid.

Are there any other fuse panels in this model? If anyone can direct me to the fuse for the climate control display i would greatly appreciated. Any ideas of what is causing this?

Luke:(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Does the controls function proper but no display? or is there some functions that dont work?. I have access to wiring diagrams but sounds like a display issue.

Al

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your quick response akesj1. All the buttons lights up but when press doesn't do anything. Nothing is blowing, no ac/heater at all. I purchased a new display, installed the new one but still not working. Do you whee the where is the climate control fuse located?

Luke

·
Registered
176 Posts
there looks to be a main fuse #30 10a fuse under drivers interior that goes to climate controll. its the main power to several climate controll modules, Black/Yellow wire, key on power

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 2004 Honda Pilot Ex except that my Climate Control Display is totally blank and none of the keys aren't working. I replaced the Climate Control with another unit but got the same results. Checked all fuses related to Climate Control and didn't find any of them blown, How ever occasionally the second row blower fan comes on by itself and runs then stops.

Can anyone give any information on what the problem may be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with my 2004 Honda Pilot Ex except that my Climate Control Display is totally blank and none of the keys aren't working. I replaced the Climate Control with another unit but got the same results. Checked all fuses related to Climate Control and didn't find any of them blown, How ever occasionally the second row blower fan comes on by itself and runs then stops.

Can anyone give any information on what the problem may be?
I have same problem with 2010 Odyssey. Did you find out what's wrong? Control panel dead, except when very cold, when warms up, goes dead again. Suspect a short. Got a used vehicle ntril panel, plugged in, still not working It's been out for 6 months and now I need a working. Heat and air come on very low according to temperature. Checked all fuses. Opening up dashboard and will try to trace between driver side fuse box and end of cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have same problem with 2010 Odyssey. Did you find out what's wrong? Control panel dead, except when very cold, when warms up, goes dead again. Suspect a short. Got a used vehicle ntril panel, plugged in, still not working It's been out for 6 months and now I need a working. Heat and air come on very low according to temperature. Checked all fuses. Opening up dashboard and will try to trace between driver side fuse box and end of cable.
Did you find the problem

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
thanks for your quick response akesj1. All the buttons lights up but when press doesn't do anything. Nothing is blowing, no ac/heater at all. I purchased a new display, installed the new one but still not working. Do you whee the where is the climate control fuse located?

Luke
Have you tried replacing the blower motor
resistor?

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are 5 wires in the connector to the climate control panel that carry power, they all work. The 5th (green) is data. Went to honda and they diagnosed bad climate control panel. I bought 2 used online, neither worked. Suspect data line is issue. Will keep digging.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are 5 wires in the connector to the climate control panel that carry power, they all work. The 5th (green) is data. Went to honda and they diagnosed bad climate control panel. I bought 2 used online, neither worked. Suspect data line is issue. Will keep digging.
I put the climate control panel in freezer overnight plugged it in and worked for 5 minutes! So it's in the circuit board. Will dissemble and start tracing. Need to research what components (capacitor, resister, etc...) act differently when chilled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts