Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 2001 Odyssey EX 2 weeks ago. It is actually a Canadian model. We had the choice of a U.S. model or a Canadian model, and we chose the Canadian model because of the extra features.
One feature that wasn't apparent until after we bought the van is that the climate control is in Celsius. Being in Celsius isn't that big of a deal, but I would think there would be an easy way of programming the device to display Celsius or Fahrenheit. The dealer says it can't be done.
Why would there be two separate versions of the hardware if the only difference is Celsius and Fahrenheit? Does anyone out there know if the climate control can be programmed to display fahrenheit instead of celsius?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too own a "Canadian" Ody. A local Volvo dealer had them shipped. I am technically the second owner because of this. The dealer replaced the original kilometer reading speedometer with one that reads miles. (All the ones on his lot had the meters swapped out to mile ones. The temp gauge was not swapped out and reads in Celsius. I keep mine set to around 25 degrees. Celsius that is
One gets used to reading the temp like this. I have never thought about having it changed out.
Oh ya. One can tell a "Canadian" Ody by the day-time running headlights (Always on)

·
Registered
18 Posts
After re-reading the original post it does seem like there should be a little button or something to push that would change the display. I don't know of one though. Seems like it would have been easy for Honda to design one unit that does both.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone I work with suggested that maybe the "Canadian" climate control hardware is integrated with other hardware and could be another reason for the different versions. When he suggested that, I immediately thought of the heated mirrors. Maybe the "Canadian" climate control knows how to automatically heat the side mirrors?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe that the difference is in the control panel assy, this part is different between Canada & US vehicles. If I remember right the part retails for $300US dollars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts