Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 lx climate control is out. None of the lights are on. The blower works but cannot select differect modes. I checked the fuse but all is ok. HELP!

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
There are 2 fuses to check.

#3 (7.5A) in the Driver's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box.

#10 (15A) in the Passenger's Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box (this also protects the Audio Unit and the Clock).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check the #3 fuse and its not blown. The audio and clock works fine. Any other though. Thank for your help.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
You can also try to check for HVAC DTCs by following this procedure:

How to Retrieve a DTC

The heater control panel has a self-diagnosis function. To run the self-diagnosis function, do the following:
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Turn the fan switch OFF.
3. Press the recirculation control button to select Recirculation (recirculation indicator comes on).
4. Press and hold the recirculation control button to select Fresh (recirculation indicator goes off). Continue to hold the button until the recirculation indicator comes on for 2 seconds, and then goes off.
• If the system is OK, the recirculation indicator stays off.
• If any trouble is found, the recirculation indicator blinks the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) to indicate faulty circuit or component.

Cancelling the Self-diagnosis Function:
5. Turn the ignition switch OFF to cancel the self-diagnosis function. After completing repair work, run the selfdiagnosis
function again to make sure that there are no other malfunctions.

DTC 1 - A problem in the air mix control motor circuit.
DTC 2 - A problem in the mode control motor circuit.
DTC 3 - A problem in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit.

Could be a loose connection, poor ground, a short in the circuit or a faulty climate control unit.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
Garfieldlc said:
My 2000 lx climate control is out. None of the lights are on. The blower works but cannot select differect modes. I checked the fuse but all is ok. HELP!
Pertaining to the blower fan setting only, if you are missing some of the speeds ie, next to low or mid, the fan resistor is blown. When ordering, make sure it is the LX one and not the EX as they are different. Online has the best prices at around $47 or so. I paid much higher in person at a suburban Chicago Dealer because they priced it higher than list price at a "matrixed" value.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Still going with a loose connection, poor ground, a short in the circuit or a faulty climate control unit.

·
Premium Member
14,606 Posts
With a 2000 Ody, there is a possibility of corrosion hence a careful check of all relay's / fuses (in all three locations) is prudent. Unplugging them one at a time and re inserting sometimes can help. Look for any signs of white/green residue on the prongs too, a telltale sign of problems.

I doubt there may be corrosion on the "interior" panel controls though. Has anyone worked on the dash area recently?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wondered how this old thread got resolved. I just had the same issue. No lights and none of the buttons do anything. The fan still runs on all speeds and the radio works. The lights started blinking on and off then it all went off.

Loose connection seems likely or maybe an electrical component has gone out?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jiehengusa/Garfieldlc - My climate control panel has the exact same symptoms as yours did - no lights, no operation, no heat, no A/C, but fan works. What exactly did you replace? Was it the Heater Control Assembly (79600-S0X-A01ZA)? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Resolution!!! I picked up a Heater Control Assembly, $75, at a junk yard for my '99 LX and swapped it for the one in my dash, and now the climate control works fine. Also did the clock light replacement and put in a cd player at the same time. The only distrubing part is that the heater control assembly (used) for the EX is cheaper than for the LX.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had the same problem on my 2000 LX. Swapped with a junkyard/recovered unit (14$) - pulled it out of a 2000 Accord. Worked flawlessly for 2 years then died. Same problem. No lights. Buttons, controls not working. Followed “Hybridmojo” and his solution to jump wire 2 points on the circuit board. IT WORKED. Now I have one unit in LX and another one as a spare.
Conclusion: Honda AC Heater board has age dependent corrosion problems.
Solution (only if all lights are off): Check out Hybridmojo’s post on driveaccord "dot" net site. Thread no. 32057. Two pictures at the bottom shows the soldering points.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
Rekha
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing