Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am looking for clips and flex conduit for the wire bundle going. Across the top front of my ody.

I'm pretty sure I can get the conduit from any parts house. It's just that I don't know what those front clips are called and I'd like to know the part number when I walk into the dealership. I got a feeling because their dealer parts that they were more than likely be overpriced for what they are.

Should I even sweat this?

Please see attached pictures
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Hood Motor vehicle Windscreen wiper Bumper Vehicle door

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Trunk Automotive exterior

Auto part Electrical wiring Cable Motor vehicle Gas

Hood Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Electrical wiring

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Grey Automotive exterior Vehicle Wire Gas

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey EX Sterling Gray Metallic
651 Posts
You can get the convoluted tubing anywhere and if you don't want to call your local Honda dealer for a price on those clips you can just use zip ties.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get the convoluted tubing anywhere and if you don't want to call your local Honda dealer for a price on those clips you can just use zip ties.
Be missing something, but I don't see a good way to put zip ties on that. I guess I could go to home Depot and get some of those zip tie mounts that have stickem on the back of them.

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
zip tie mounts that have stickem on the back of them
They won't hold for long.

Remove a clip and take it as a sample to the parts department. They sometimes know small hardware by sight more than by part #.

PS: They look good in the pics?

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
516 Posts
Those clips are zip ties. They don’t look broken. If you release the little locking tab underneath you should be able to undo it and reuse. A dental hygienist would have those undone in a few seconds

they are easy to get at so that’s a bonus. I just worked loose two holding my negative cable beside the battery tray. That was an effort.

I have a loom everywhere except where that connector is. Maybe intentional or maybe it broke. Jip ties along the length of those wires would keep them together pretty tight and that’s half the battle.

if you want extra protection or that factory look that only you will see. Split loom 😀

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Wire loom (or split loom as Frontporch posted) is what you're looking for. I think flexible conduit is stiffer. The wire loom can slip over the wires without disconnecting them, most conduit at the hardware store will have you pull the wiring into the conduit.
I wouldn't hesitate purchasing a short length of loom from fleabay or amazoom- but from a US supplier. Try undoing the clips- either you can get them open or they break. The replacement clips may be quite reasonable from your local dealer.

Oh heck- I see now that Harbor Freight has 3/8" x10' wire loom for only 3 bucks!

Reactions: skelsall

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wire loom (or split loom as Frontporch posted) is what you're looking for. I think flexible conduit is stiffer. The wire loom can slip over the wires without disconnecting them, most conduit at the hardware store will have you pull the wiring into the conduit.
I wouldn't hesitate purchasing a short length of loom from fleabay or amazoom- but from a US supplier. Try undoing the clips- either you can get them open or they break. The replacement clips may be quite reasonable from your local dealer.

Oh heck- I see now that Harbor Freight has 3/8" x10' wire loom for only 3 bucks!
"Wire loom". I didn't know that's what the covering was called. I'm an electrical contractor by trade. Anything that houses wires I always refer to as "conduit"

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
I'd like to know the part number when I walk into the dealership.
People often say this or similar things.

Can anyone give me a reason why you don't want to let the parts person earn the outrageous price you are going to be charged? I just don't get it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Can anyone give me a reason why you don't want to let the parts person earn the outrageous price you are going to be charged? I just don't get it.

Can I get those zip tie clips that we are talking about in this thread) aftermarket?

I would venture to think that something that my new there wouldn't be a huge price difference in aftermarket (if aftermarket is actually available) and dealer parts.

Considering the age of my vehicle and the mileage, if it were something bigger say the nature of a rack and pinion or a starter, then I would definitely go aftermarket.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why not just undo them.? Zip ties in general are cheap and you snip them off but you could also save zip ties by unlocking them if you didn’t have a replacement handy
View attachment 168204 View attachment 168204 View attachment 168205
For a zip tie to work and that application you have to have a place to fasten. There's only one hole. Where that clip goes in. For that to work, you have to have a hold for the zip bed time to go in a hole for the zip tie to come out that way can make a complete loop.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

If I had the part number, then maybe I could get it cross reference.

Like I stayed in in another post, I would think something that my new there wouldn't be a huge price difference between dealer part and aftermarket (aftermarket actually available).

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How would I find out what size convoluted tube I need?

I also want to make sure the convoluted to that I use is sturdy. I wouldn't be so picky if it wasn't under the hood.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
If I had the part number, then maybe I could get it cross reference.

Like I stayed in in another post, I would think something that my new there wouldn't be a huge price difference between dealer part and aftermarket (aftermarket actually available).
Wanting the P/N to look for aftermarket or alternatives makes perfect sense to me. But that wasn't what I asked about (because it didn't make sense), which was your wanting to have the P/N when you walk into the dealer. I do my comparison shopping from the comfort of my home, not sitting in the dealer's waiting area or standing at the parts counter.

But if that's what works for you......your car, your $, your time, so your call.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wanting the P/N to look for aftermarket or alternatives makes perfect sense to me. But that wasn't what I asked about (because it didn't make sense), which was your wanting to have the P/N when you walk into the dealer. I do my comparison shopping from the comfort of my home, not sitting in the dealer's waiting area or standing at the parts counter.

But if that's what works for you......your car, your $, your time, so your call.
I'm going to cross reference part numbers if I can find the part numbers.

Considering the age and the mileage on my van, it doesn't make any sense to get OEM

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look what I found!!!😃😃😃.

Something to the nature of what's in this link.

Just don't know if this is a good brand name or garbage. If somebody can recommend a better brand name for the exact same thing, I'm all ears..

Rexka 30pcs Auto Car Push Mount Strap Cable Tie Compatible with Imports 200mm Length Toyota Honda Nissan Mazda Subaru Hyundai Kia https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6KGM8R/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_NJJRJVMBSSQYERR9ATDK

1 - 20 of 35 Posts