Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed this "feature"? The other day I didn't need the NAVI running so I was waiting for the "star field" display with the shut down button. When the star field/shut down screen came up my wife reached over and touched the clock display. To our surprise the digital clock popped up into the center of the star field and was displayed in a larger size!

I thought "cool." We wondered if shut down was then pressed if the clock display would remain. It didn't, but seems that it would have made for a nice feature. We played around with the display but couldn't find any other hidden features. But the next time it went to shut down the clock was still in the center with the large display.

Has anyone else noticed this "feature"?

------------------

2001 EX-NAVI, SS
1997 Accord EX-L, Forest Green
Previous Hondas:
1992 Accord EX, White
1982 Accord DX, Silver

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yup. GIANT clock.

I wish there was a way to just have a blank screen (for whatever reason). You can do it at startup, but not (if I remember correctly) after you've activated something like the clock or GPS. Of course, I've just played with Ody Nav so far, and don't even have the manual, so I may have easily missed something.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
2001 Civic EX

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
Yup. GIANT clock.

I wish there was a way to just have a blank screen (for whatever reason). You can do it at startup, but not (if I remember correctly) after you've activated something like the clock or GPS. Of course, I've just played with Ody Nav so far, and don't even have the manual, so I may have easily missed something.
</font>
I did look through the manual (2001) and it didn't address the feature (that I could find). Maybe the 2002 manual mentions it.

Darelldd, you can shut down to a blank screen anytime, even after you have used the system. Go to Setup and on the bar that sets the display brightness select 'off'. You can then shut down.

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Pert:
Go to Setup and on the bar that sets the display brightness select 'off'. You can then shut down. </font>
Cool. Thanks Steve!

------------------
-= Darell =-
2002 Ody EXL-Nav (TW) ordered, and now maybe coming on November 2!
2001 Civic EX

1 - 5 of 5 Posts