Honda Odyssey Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts
Knocking at the dash board on top of the clock module worked for me! Maybe I shoule bite the bullet and do the ultimate solution by soldering in a LED as mentioned at:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310520

As a side note, I have also touched a head unit about a couple of year back so maybe it is related as mentioned by many.

Silver 02 said:
As some owners suggested I punched the area around the clock and sure enough the night light for the clock and the emergency flasher both came back on. I wonder if this is a light bulb issue or an electrical connection issue. Aren't the flasher and clock two separate lamps?

That's pretty funny. The thread you referred to was in another forum where someone referred to this thread!!:)

Thank you for the instructions

I just replaced the clock light in my 01 Odyssey over the weekend following your instructions. Everything worked out perfectly. Thank you very much.

Two observations:

1. I had to shift the gear BEFORE disconnecting battery. Otherwise, the shift won't move.

2. Pair of gloves helped a lot. (May be obvious to everyone else.)

I just did mine today. It wasn't bad.

To add to the instruction, it helps to have a prying tool to loosen the two panel on the left and right of the steering column.

I had a hard time trying to disconnect the emergency light wiring harness, so I pulled the instrument panel as far as I could and changed the light bulb in place.

Jim

Radio Security Codes

The instruction for replacing the Odyssey clock light included a warning to locate and retain the radio security code prior to disconnecting the battery. I have a 2000 Odyssey in need of a new clock light, and as luck would have it, I replaced the car battery two weeks ago without knowing about the radio security code scenario. However, I did NOT have any problems with the radio, other than having to reset the stations. Does this mean that some vehicles may not have the code requirement? Yes, I do have the "flashing key" light on the panel.

I have had both scenarios happen with my '00. I wonder if it depends on how long the battery is disconnected for:confused:

ajuil said:
Knocking at the dash board on top of the clock module worked for me! Maybe I shoule bite the bullet and do the ultimate solution by soldering in a LED as mentioned at:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=310520

As a side note, I have also touched a head unit about a couple of year back so maybe it is related as mentioned by many.
Coming across this thread inspired me to replace the broken lamp on my Accord. It was relatively painless to pop off the clock module and get to the bulb. Now I just have to pop by RS ("when you've got questions, we've got blank stares") to pick up a bulb.

I checked continuity on the bulb and it failed, but on first inspection, the filament looked intact. I took a closer look (with a magnifying glass) and saw that there was a hairline break in the bulb. It's possible that a little external knocking on the dash can bridge the gap and get the bulb working again. If you notice intermittent on/off when driving on bumps, this may just be what's going on.

Thanks OP for the info and pictures. I dread the day that the bulb burns out on my Ody, but I'll be looking here for the instructions (hopefully simple) to remove the dash and get to the bulb.

Came across this thread. Have had a similar problem with the light for the climate control temp setting.

I tried the expedient of simply knocking on the light panel and puff it came on. Noticed that others have tried this too. Has happened a couple of times.

If it ever goes out permanently I'd ask my mechanic to just replace all the lights.

I replaced the clock light bulb and took about 30 minutes to perform the job. But of course things don't go that easy. Now the bulb that illuminates the interior dome light located on the dash is out. I removed that bulb & it's a little different from the one used for the clock because it has a blue rubber on it.

Called my local dealer & it's $10.88 and it's special order, p/n: 35863-s0x-a01. the clock light bulb was just over $6.00 & in stock.

My question is, can the same 272-1092 micro lamp at Radio Shack also be used for this application? I know it's a 12v bult but are the wattages different?

Wow, I got ripped off. I already picked up the bulb for over $6 at my local dealer over week ago.

That's why I asked if there's alternate by using the Radio Shack bulb instead for the dome light toggle switch.

Well, I picked up a 2 pack of bulbs from Radio Shack to give it a try, figured $1.50 was worth a shot, and it worked.

Just have to remove the old bulb from its housing & installed the new one and transfer the blue rubber cap. Took me just over minutes to install it into the dashboard.

So I just saved almost $10.00 going to Radio Shack instead of special ordering it from Honda.

I am having a hard time finding the screw holes spoke of in the instructions, is there a picture I can look at I need to find the 2 on the left side and the 4 on the right side of the steering wheel??

Just replaced clock light on my 2002 Ody per your instructions. It was easy and directions clear. Hardest part was locating card for radio codes. Lanp (same part no. as in photo) was only $1.84 at Honda dealer in Palm Bay, FL. Thanks to you and Ody club for this website.

golfn37 said:
I am having a hard time finding the screw holes spoke of in the instructions, is there a picture I can look at I need to find the 2 on the left side and the 4 on the right side of the steering wheel??
Here's a picture showing the location of the 8 screws. You have to first remove the trim panels to see them.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.