Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First off I apologize if this has been discussed already, as I cannot find anything on this specific question...

How many of you drive off immediately when dropping off passengers while the sliding doors are still trying to close? I've always waited until the sliding doors fully close completely before driving off. But a few times, I've seen a few Odys that drop people off, then they take off while the door is still trying to close for about 3-5 seconds before it is completely closed.

Are the sliding doors more vulnerable to being damaged? (i.e, internal parts that open/close doors)

I appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
786 Posts
I do it all the time, but never when there is anyone sitting in that particular seat. Especially when its a quick drop off and I open the door while in neutral (I didn't do the mod to make them open in any gear.) I don't see much of a problem as long as you are driving smoothly. Once I hit a small pot hole and the door stopped moving and acted like it had hit an object. Another flick of the dash switch and it closed up. By the way, contrary to what other vans do, the doors do not automatically close at a certain speed.....don't ask how I know that ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
In fact, the doors STOP closing at a certain speed!!! (and yes I know about that) :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always thought if i didnt wait for it to completely close before i start to drive away (slowly of course), that something would just snap.

I feel like an idiot when im dropping the kids off in front of walmart, and the drivers behind me are waiting for me to move, while im waiting for my sliding door to completely close....:redface:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hear ya man....

Those doors seem like the are running at glacier speed when you have someone waiting behind you.

I'm not sure there is a solution.

07EXLREN

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do that all of the time and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear ya man....

Those doors seem like the are running at glacier speed when you have someone waiting behind you.

I'm not sure there is a solution.

07EXLREN
I was just curious on how many people do it; I know there is no solution. They can only go as fast as they go. I just dont want to wreck the sliding door parts....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I usually wait for the doors to close first for safety reasons (and the annoying beep that ensues when drive off with the door(s) closing). If I'm in a real hurry though I may drive off while they close. I've probably done this twice in time I've owned my van.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts