Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey and I want to use this cold air intake. I've had it on the van for about 2 years, and it's been a bit of a problem since there's a rubber hose that's supposed to connect to the big, cumbersome air intake/breather box. This hose has a vacuum line attached to it, so I can't connect this directly to the manifold. I tried 3M weather strip adhesive and that didn't work. I did have this supported the best I could with zip ties so it wouldn't weigh down on the rubber intake hose. That failed last week and a chunk of the hose got stuck in the throttle body and it was a costly repair. The metal tube that I purchased didn't exactly work with the mass air flow sensor, so I had to modify it and zip tie that down and pack the edges. It's an aftermarket "Jet" MAFS.
The question I have is does anyone make a connector so that I can use the cold air intake along with the MAFS and not have any problems? This setup really makes a difference in horsepower. I've looked online trying to find the right products, but the problem appears to be the rubber hose with a vacuum line, as it can't take the weight of the air filter weighing down on it. I got the original air intake system put back in (The damn hose was $50) and I like my vans to perform better than factory.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs
Light Headgear Mouse Gas Flooring

·
Registered
2009 Odyssey Touring, Black Pearl
30 Posts
Can you post a pic of what you had installed that doesn't work?
Where does that cone end up in its run? Behind the bumper?
None of that Spectre stuff at the "auto parts store" can be fabbed to work?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post a pic of what you had installed that doesn't work?
Where does that cone end up in its run? Behind the bumper?
None of that Spectre stuff at the "auto parts store" can be fabbed to work?
Camera accessory Engineering Cylinder Automotive lighting Automotive tire

This is the problem, as it has the spot on the one side for a vacuum line. This became brittle and didn't work with the weight of the air filter. I had to cut half of it off to get the cold air intake system installed. But it didn't hold up. It was much easier on my 2006 Odyssey, it was like plug and go, no MAFS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have ordered from these guys before, and they actually had the right kit for my van. And it wasn't too expensive. Just wanted to share the thread if anyone else is looking for a little more from their van. I already have the aftermarket MAFS, and the stage 2 performance chip. When it's all together it really moves. On my 2006 Odyssey, I have the chip, cold air intake and a cyclone fan inside the air filter that acts like a turbo, and it squeals the tires. I don't know how hard that is, the van has about half tread left tires, and it moves. One thing I noticed, on my 07 EX, when the VTECH kicks in, you can really tell by the sound of the motor. However, on my 06 EX-L with that ECO shit, when the VTECH kicks in, it's quiet and doesn't sound the same.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't quite understand what the problem is, are you trying to avoid replacing a larger part or have they stopped making the part you need?

Also, I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but as a Sage Brush Pearl owner I'm looking at your photo and have to ask...are you sure you have a 2007 Ody? Because they didn't make the color of the van in your pic past 2006.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't quite understand what the problem is, are you trying to avoid replacing a larger part or have they stopped making the part you need?

Also, I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but as a Sage Brush Pearl owner I'm looking at your photo and have to ask...are you sure you have a 2007 Ody? Because they didn't make the color of the van in your pic past 2006.
I have 2 vans, the one in the pic is a 2006. Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle
This is the 2007.
I had the auto shop install the factory air cleaner. But I want the aftermarket cold air intake because I like the way it performs. I only needed that tube to connect to the breather box. This way if I sell or trade off the van, I can take out the whole cold air system and put the factory one back in.
I have a 2002 that had the same set up (performance chip, cold air intake & the cyclone fan) and he said that the way that van took off it could easily run a 14 1/4 mile. I use these vans as taxi cabs, and I like the extra horsepower.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Breaking news: That "cold air" intake actually serves as a hot air intake, especially with aluminum piping and an exposed filter. Unless you wrap the piping with heat reflective tape and enclose the filter in a box also wrapped in heat reflective tape. You see open filter on race or track cars because they are constantly moving taking in outside colder air, but on a street driven car that encounter stop and go traffic, you are better off using the stock airbox with a drop-in high flow air filter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Those jet mafs are just tricking the ecu to dump more fuel in...... just go get an actual intake wrap it in heat reflecting tape and go..

My factory air box, I cut in half added a k&n drop in filter with a modified 3inch intake from a civic and it works well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts