Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the good news is I bought my van! Yay! Think I ended up getting a very good deal on my EX-L w/Nav. After playing hardball a bit with them, I finally got it for $35k even. And they even came up on my trade-in. So all in all, I feel very good about the deal. Now here's the silly part -- I have no car yet! They only have tafetta white and smoky topaz. I already have a white Yukon and find it hard to keep clean. I like the smoky topaz okay. However, all along I've like the Polished Metal when I see it on the road. (It does seem to be very common though, along with the silver.) I was ready to get the Smoky Topaz and my husband, who finally came along to look at the vans, said "I can't believe you're going to be driving a BROWN van..." Needless to say, he prefers the Polished Metal. Now the dealership is looking for a Polished Metal for me. I'm waiting to see what they find... Just curious what you guys like better, as I really don't care a whole lot about the outside. Just happy to be getting my new Oddy! :) *Oh, and I do plan on keeping this van a long time, therefore I want something that ages well, and still looks good -- a timeless color. Would love your thoughts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know color is mainly personal preference, but it's really hard to tell a huge difference in the Polished Metal and the Smoky Topaz online. If anyone has either of these van colors, I'd love to hear from you, or see a photo of your ride! I do kind of like the truffle interior of the smoky topaz but my dh thinks it will be hotter in the summer. I had the olive leather on my 2006 EX-L Res and I really liked it.. I guess the grey interior of the Polished Metal will be similar to that. Really hard to decided when I haven't SEEN a polished metal with leather in person! Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I know color is mainly personal preference, but it's really hard to tell a huge difference in the Polished Metal and the Smoky Topaz online. If anyone has either of these van colors, I'd love to hear from you, or see a photo of your ride! I do kind of like the truffle interior of the smoky topaz but my dh thinks it will be hotter in the summer. I had the olive leather on my 2006 EX-L Res and I really liked it.. I guess the grey interior of the Polished Metal will be similar to that. Really hard to decided when I haven't SEEN a polished metal with leather in person! Thanks.
Here is mine in Smokey Topaz. I liked the subtle difference from the polished, which looked a little "flatter" to me personally. As you say, it is all subjective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts