Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a road trip from Denver Colorado to Orlando, FLA.

Just got my 2010 Touring, which currently has 700 miles, so its broken in and heading out on Monday Nov 1st.

Looking forward to the trip. Will post pic to keep this interesting.

Will try to get JyRO mileage, let you know.
Pat

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Safe travels! :)

The engine can take 5,000 miles or more to fully break in. Check your engine oil at every fillup, just in case the level drops.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Day one is done, Left Colorado at around 0600 hours, with three kids and no wife. Got to Kansas City, MO at 1600, with all the stops and breaks, not bad in my opinion.

The mileage on the other hand kinda sucked. I have a travel box on the top and even driving at a easy pace, got around 20 MPG's.

We shall see tomorrow.

Laterz, Pat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Payor, we were looking into getting a thule box for our trip in the spring we are going to travel from NJ to Oregon. Did you hook it to the factory crossbars? We are getting different reports, some say you have to get thule bars. What kind of box do you have and are you having any problems with it. Have a safe trip in your Honda.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should of finished this post. Trip was great, although It sucks that I just put 4K in two weeks.

Van is now 4 months and it has almost 9k. YEAO.. 01-11-11.

Here is a pic of it in Daytona Beach..

Pat

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Nice pic of your van on the beach. What happened to your travel box?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't needed on while i was there. I stayed with my sister, so I took it off for the two weeks I was there. Got it back on, on the way back.

Didn't help with the gas millage either.

Pat

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love the photo of the Ody on the beach. It actually makes the perfect beach car because you can fit lots of stuff in it.

Just down the way from Daytona Beach is the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse (the tallest in the state). Definitely worth a visit :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts