Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own an Odyssey at this point but am likely to after a lease runs out on a different vehicle later this year. Probably end up with a 2002 model.

One thing that is obvious when comparison shopping with other makes, Honda color are, to put it bluntly, boring! I would like to feed this back to Honda to have more diversity in their color selection. Anyone know how to contact Honda North America?

I don't think the dealer would give a rip about forwarding feedback.

------------------
Jim

·
Registered
70 Posts
What colors do you want, man? The more aggressive colors look a bit silly on a minivan. I've seen fire engine red Chevy Ventures that look plain silly. Or how about a "Caravan Sport" . . there's a contradiction in terms.

Corvette Yellow would look rather odd as well. It's also hard to imagine the Ody in black.

Lessee, they've had blue, gold, silver, green (two shades), and white, just off the top of my head.

What colors do they not offer that would be appropriate for a Minvan? I'm not talking about, lowered, big-wheel-low-profile-tires and an 18-inch woofer in the back colors, but normal real-world minivan colors.

------------------
'01 SS Honda Odyssey EX
'99 F150 XL Supercab
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to agree about the limited selection.
A dark red, burgundy would be nice with the beige interior.
Also it would be nice to be able to mix and match exterior & interior colors. We liked the beige interior and were stuck with two choices for exterior; mesa beige or dark green. We would have preferred the white/beige combination but settled for the mesa.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gram_parsons:
"Caravan Sport" . . there's a contradiction in terms.
</font>
LOL ... I'm waiting for the Ody Type-R.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it is all personal preference of course but there are currently no blues or reds. I consider those to be legit choices and yes I agree, the really bright colors are not really what I would be looking for.

It seems that there are too many silver/grey/beige earth tones.

Maybe someone from Honda North America will monitor this forum and get some feedback on this and other item.

I really do think the van is the best thing going out there, don't get me wrong on that!

------------------
Jim

·
Registered
96 Posts
Does anybody know why they discontinued the Deep Velvet Blue color selection after the 1999 year. That's what my van is and I love it. It seems, looking at other vehicles on the road, that blue is a popular color. Just wondering. Truthfully, I kind of enjoy it because you don't see them very often so it makes mine more unique. Just my opinion.

Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
One advantage to darker colors is that all the body panel seams and door tracks on the rear quarter panels would be less noticeable.
I originally wanted a white Ody (much cooler in the summertime down here in the south!) until I saw one in profile. All those seams were very noticeable and ugly in my opinion. Maybe Honda will do a better job disguising these seams and tracks on the next generation.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I love black cars, but the're such a bear to keep clean. However, if the Ody came in black I might've been tempted.

------------------
Chuck Konarske
The Odyssey Albums on FotoTime

·
Registered
128 Posts
I find that the dark green and discontinued dark blue are very easily mistaken for black depending on the lighting, so if you want black then jump on an Emerald Green one!

·
Registered
254 Posts
i also would have bought black if available. leather seats should also be an option. i manage a glass & upholstery shop and am going to recover my seats in leather. i have seen it done to a couple of odysseys and like the look.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Pictures! I want to see some pics of the interior when you're done.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
128 Posts
BG Interiors is selling a leather kit for a reasonable price. I don't have a quote for the Odyssey, but the Legend kit was $835 ready to install. They'll send you some photos of their work and it is quality - two toned and emblem monogrammed for a bit more. Their e-mail is [email protected]
and they are in Columbia, MD

·
Registered
18 Posts
I too was wondering why they quickly dropped the blue color after the '99 model year. My dealer mentioned that they had some quality problems with the blue paint. Anyone heard that before?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd heard the same about the dark blue paint problems from a couple dealers. An acquaintance who works for DChrysler in quality control tells me paint problems have been a problem industry-wide since EPA regs forced the adoption of water-borne paints. He tells me the problem has been worst in the darkest colors, especially black. I suspect it's lack of demand that's causing Honda to drop the darker colors on the Odyssey.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Obviously lots of paint issue posts recently on this forum but I've looked at several DChrysler dark blue vans recently and the paint is perfect from what I can tell.

They must have a handle on how to deal with the new paints, even in the dark colors.

Jim

·
Registered
579 Posts
I know black is nice but the color doesn't go well with Arizona heat. I will never buy black or leather seat as long as I'm in Arizona. I saw a lot of people have a leather seat, but they end up driving with the towel underneath. It'll burn your skin after the car park under the sun for a while with 115 degrees out. The darker color obsorb more heat. If any of you happen to live in Arizona....hopefully you keep these in mind when purchasing any car.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
I love black cars, but the're such a bear to keep clean. However, if the Ody came in black I might've been tempted.
</font>

·
Registered
579 Posts
There are a lot of people want black paint and leather seat. Those 2 don't go well in Arizona heat. The darker color obsorb more heat and the leather seat will burn your butt/leg when park under the sun for a while.
Most of those that have leather seat car end up use towel on top of their seat. As long as I live in Arizona I'll never want any part of black car and leather seat....! Hopefully those live in Arizona keep this in mind when purchase any car......!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts