Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to give you a little history, I had the OEM Symmetries that lasted only 30K and started to crack and dry rot. Other than lousy treadlife, the tire was OK. When it was time to replace, Walmart had such a great deal on the Symmetries ($460 out the door w/free lifetime rotating and balacing), I decided to give them another try. After 4 years and 30K, guess what? Tires need to be replaced due to cracking and dry rot. So now I think its time to try something else.
I saw the Good Year Comfortred Tourings that look good on Tirerack. The reviews looked good. The only con ( and probably not a big one) is that steering response is a little slow , but overall people had good things to say.

Any inputs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put Comfortread Tourings on my 2007 about 3 months ago. I have had 4 oddy's and this is the best tire I ever had on an oddy. Much quieter, good traction wet and dry. Don't know about life yet.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I called Michelin customer support to try and resolve this problem, and they told me to go to a local tire shop that is an approved Michelin dealer to assess the tires, and they would prorate it.
Well the tire place called me today and told me I would get back 40% for the old Michelins. The tire shop told me I can get a new set of Symmetries out the door for $420. Plus I get $70 back for the Michelin promo( something Walmart is ineligible for) and my total would be $350.

Kind of hard to walk away from, despite the fact these tires did not last as long as they should have, but I am going foward with getting them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts