Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to a free Honda compass/auto dimming mirror from a 2007 Honda Accord and I was wondering if this can be properly installed into my 2006 Touring.

I looked at some Honda websites and they do in fact sell a compass mirror but for non-touring models.

I would imagine that the compass is built into the mirror and the connector ends should be the same but I thought I would ask before I go and tackle the job.

The mirror is sitting on my desk and its a shame if I can't make use of it (even though my van already has a factory GPS).

Thanks,

·
Registered
219 Posts
The compass in the 2006 Touring is in the instrument cluster information system. You just toggle through the options to display it.

That said, the mirror probably only needs 12v. I don't know if this is plug and play, but getting it power should not be that difficult as there are lights in the overhead console.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did a donelly brand auto dim mirror with compass, temp, and lights on my accord. For the compass/auto dim all you need is power. Auto dimming mirrors do have a feature to "undim" when you switch to reverse, but you could just choose not to hook that up. Otherwise, you can buy the installation kit from one of the people like collegehillshonda.com or handa and install it right.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah my touring has a compass built in but my dad actually removed his compass mirror from his accord so I have this compass mirror so I figured I could perhaps use it in the van for the sake of using it.

If I have to run wires or cut things then I won't bother.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts