Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Tracy's form, it says "0" deductible, then it says 12/12,000 Surcharge $40, also says 24/24,000 Surcharge $60. I take this to mean that it is only $0 for the first year. Is that the warranty everyone is saying is $0 deductible? Is there truly a seven year $0 deductible?

·
Registered
120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moose:
I got Tracy's form, it says "0" deductible, then it says 12/12,000 Surcharge $40, also says 24/24,000 Surcharge $60. I take this to mean that it is only $0 for the first year. Is that the warranty everyone is saying is $0 deductible? Is there truly a seven year $0 deductible?</font>
I haven't seen the form, but I suspect that those surcharges are added to the overall cost of the warranty if you buy after the times and mileages listed, as opposed to what it costs when you buy the warranty when the vehicle is new. I don't think it refers to the deductible.

------------------
'02 MB EXL-RES on order... woo!

·
Registered
149 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Junior Samples:
I haven't seen the form, but I suspect that those surcharges are added to the overall cost of the warranty if you buy after the times and mileages listed, as opposed to what it costs when you buy the warranty when the vehicle is new. I don't think it refers to the deductible.</font>
That's correct.

------------------
2002 TW EX
Weathertech interlocking floor and cargo mats.
Honda hood deflector.
Matching front window tint.
Mud guards.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here are my 2 pennies. I have been contacting a number of companies for the extended warranty for my Odyssey 2000 with 35400 miles on it. Finally I have decided to go with Tracy because her price is constant. Here is the mathematics:

The base price for 7 yrs/100000 miles warranty is $825. The warranty code is B70 while that for 6 yrs/100000 miles is $695 with warranty code as B60. Over this price you pay $60 more (surcharge) if mileage is over 12000 or vehicle is over 1 year old. These prices are with 0 deductible. Over and above there is some element of profit involved. Typically with Tracy, she charges $50/$60 profit. You can also go with $50 deductible which would bring down your price by atleast $60 however I would not suggest anyone doing that.
Tracy gave me the price of $875 +$60=$935 for the 7 year / 100,000 miles & $755 + $60 = $815 for 6 years / 100,000 miles. Please remember her price already includes the profit and the additional $60 is because my odyssey is older than 1 year.
Hope this would clarify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts