Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are probably going to purchase an LX very soon. The main problem we have with this vehicle is the center flat on the ground cup holder. Two out of three dealers did not realize that this comes out and the regular console can be clipped in. They also do not have any way for us to purchase it as an add on. (We do not want our dog drinking our coffee).

Does anyone know of an aftermarket site that would sell a center console for a 2011 Ody.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We are probably going to purchase an LX very soon. The main problem we have with this vehicle is the center flat on the ground cup holder. Two out of three dealers did not realize that this comes out and the regular console can be clipped in. They also do not have any way for us to purchase it as an add on. (We do not want our dog drinking our coffee).

Does anyone know of an aftermarket site that would sell a center console for a 2011 Ody.

Are you talking about the center console that comes in the high models?

There are several dealers you could try, heres two:Honda Odyssey Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Honda and Acura Accessories dot com - Genuine Factory Honda and Acura Accessories at discount prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had the same problem. We purchased an 2011 LX and loved it, but were constantly reminded that we didn't have the center console. Luckily, I found someone on Ebay selling center consoles. We got one for $99.00 plus $50.00 shipping. I had talked to the parts guy at our local Honda dealership and he had quoted me just over $300 to order the parts for the center console and then I would have had to assemble it. The center console we ordered from Ebay is an OEM console and it came with the base plate (not that we needed it as one is already installed in the Odyssey). It installed in seconds as all I had to do was remove the cupholders from the existing base plate, remover the rear cover from the base plate, and the new console clicked right in place!!

I did contemplate ordering another one and installing it between the 2nd row buckets. But I'm not confident enought to go drilling into the floor of a new vehicle.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Interesting, I see the one console has a very early build date. Regardless, I'd be purchasing one of I'd had an LX, it's worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I must be ignorant here, but why does the OP need to buy a center console? It doesn't come with the vehicle??

·
Registered
687 Posts
I must be ignorant here, but why does the OP need to buy a center console? It doesn't come with the vehicle??
Re-read the OP's original post. He/she is about to purchase the LX trim level which comes with a different center console than the other trim levels. The LX center console puts the drink holders near the floor which the dogs will get at so he/she wants to replace it with the center console from the other trim levels.

Got it? ;)

See the difference:

LX Center Console

Non-LX Center Console

·
Registered
88 Posts
A couple of places online also sell that I've bought various parts for past Honda vehicle from, but it looks like you have to make sure you get all the parts:

Majestic Honda:
Honda Automotive Parts

College Hills Honda:
College Hills Honda Parts

That eBay route may be simpler/cheaper though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wow. that is a big difference. Had no idea. Sheesh.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in the opposite situation. Looking for LX low cup holder

I'm looking for the LX style low cup holder for mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Honda Odyssey LX front row console: Do-It-Yourself

I purchased the original front row console on eBay for 2011 Honda Odyssey.
eBay price range is from $50 to $100.
No tools are required for console installation. Small flat screwdriver is helpful.
Console came with Tray Assembly (don’t need it). Tray assembly (6) is installed in 2011 Honda Odyssey LX already.
1. Press Snap Fitting Clip (16) from the front of original LX model’s console to unplug cup holder assembly (7).
2. Use flat small screwdriver to unplug cap from floor tray (8)
3. Plug-in front row console assembly to tray assembly (6)

Contact me if you need LX style assembly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Center console 2013 LX

Hi,
Just to let interested folks know that this upgrade works on the 2013 LX as well. The lack of a console both was a sorely missing piece of functionality and looked odd as well, with that big gap between the front seats (and the cup holders on the floor). Also, I was reminded of the missing functionality everytime I bumped the trash bag that was hanging off the little fold-out hanger on the passenger side. Now I have a trash bag inside the newly installed center console.

I was not 100% positive that the experiment would work, but I can report that the 2011 Grey Center Console I ordered off ebay ($40 for the unit and $65 for shipping) just snapped right into place. The unit shipped to me also came with the part that is screwed into the floor and onto which the console mounts. It was not necessary for me to replace that piece fortunately. I removed the cup holder piece on the existing floor board which comes right off by depressing the release button. I then snapped on the new console. It did take some jiggering about to figure out how to get the thing to snap into place, but this was due to my lack of familiarity with how it all goes together. But, it did and it was easy requiring no tools. I've included the link to the ebay posting where I bought my console so you can see what I purchased if you want. It's really worth the $100 to have this piece in my opinion.

Honda Console 2011 Grey | eBay

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Lx. On eBay I notice the upgraded console is for a 2011,2012 EX model. Will this fit in my Lx? I'm also not very good with installation but do you think it's doable?

·
Registered
32 Posts
...It installed in seconds as all I had to do was remove the cupholders from the existing base plate, remover the rear cover from the base plate, and the new console clicked right in place!!...
I'm trying to install the console in my LX but having trouble removing the cupholders. I press the release tab located at the bottom front center of the cupholders and try to pull it up but it seems to be stuck, not moving at all. Please advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can I replace my front row center console with a seat(like the one in the middle of the second row)? for 2011+ Ody?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can I replace my front row center console with a seat(like the one in the middle of the second row)? for 2011+ Ody?
It would be very unsafe to have a seat there with no seat belt available, I don't think any manufacturer (or aftermarket) would make a seat for a space that has no seat belt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It would be very unsafe to have a seat there with no seat belt available, I don't think any manufacturer (or aftermarket) would make a seat for a space that has no seat belt.
I agree, this is not a valid thought.. but just checking if its possible at all.
I am planning to remove my center console to make room to pull the second row middle seat bit forward as I can reach my baby while driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at purchasing a 2014 LX. The cup holders on the floor are deal breakers though. Ugh! Glad to know aftermarket options are available. The gentleman selling this one confirmed to me that this same console fits the 2014 (looks like 2011 and above are all the same).

Can anyone with a 2014 LX confirm?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts