Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Got my 2002 GG last week. I really love it. The power sliding doors are driving us a little crazy. We have to adapt to them I guess. I had a sunroof installed. Looks and works great! I'd like to get a full console for between the front seats. I know I saw one posted on here once. Does anyone know if they are available and where?

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
This is what I have in my Granite Green with Fern interior. It matches.

Less than $50 delivered to your door from Heartland America

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Jim,

How does to grey color match the plastic on the interior color of a SS Ody ? Does the plastic feels cheap ?

Thanks for your comment..

Tony the Tiger

·
Registered
194 Posts
In Canada these same consoles are carried by Walmart. They sell for CDN$69.00 - roughly $45US.

·
Registered
2014 Acura RDX
75 Posts
Yep, the plastic feels cheap; but the thing works quite well, and it doesn't feel any cheaper than the fold-down tray, for example. I got mine at a K-Mart as well. Quite functional, if you're not the kind of person who walks between the front seats to get to the rear seats.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.
--George Washington

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by chrisj2641:
I Got my 2002 GG last week. I really love it. The power sliding doors are driving us a little crazy. We have to adapt to them I guess. I had a sunroof installed. Looks and works great! I'd like to get a full console for between the front seats..........

I too am using this console, officially a Texas Saddlebags "Plug N' Go". (www.saddlebags.com)
The plastic is somewhat cheap, what plastic isn't?, but it is strong and the gray looks as if it were made to match the quartz interior of my SS EX Odyssey (beige is also available). Heartland America seems to be a liquidator. The supposed lock on the console is installed incorrectly so that it rotates the wrong way and won't engage the pin to lock. This is not a feature that I care about anyway. They were the lowest price I found, $39.00 plus shipping and this must be for reason stated above. (www.heartlandamerica.com) Search for "console" and the two colors will come up.
I am still debating how to anchor the console without any drilling. I have removed the stock tray so I am thinking of using a metal strap (painted) to wrap around the console and use two of the three tray bolts on the side of the passenger seat to attach the strap.
There is another thread on this wonderfully informative site with more of this discussion.

Mark

------------------
'01 SS EX: Leather steering wheel wrap, fenderwell trim, splash guards, door guards, Honda cargo mat, Honda cargo tray, Honda 6 disc CD-changer, Honda cassette player, OEM Kelton subwoofer, Honda front speaker upgrade, Pioneer 1086 rear speaker (with baffles), Honda emergency repair bag, Honda trash chute, Honda glovebox organizer, WeatherTech front deflector, WeatherTech wind and storm shields, Thule roofrack system, Plug'n'Go center console, Ractive silver/kevlar shift knob, PIAA x-treme white 7440 reverse light bulbs, Sylvania CB-9003 OEM replacement headlight bulbs, fitted HeatShield sunshade, rear window view lens.

[This message has been edited by homeric (edited 10-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by homeric (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
"Ractive silver/kevlar shift knob."

What is this item in your automotive bio?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by sinbad:
"Ractive silver/kevlar shift knob."

What is this item in your automotive bio?

You can see a photo at the dread autotoys.com site (I personally have had no problems, enter the HTML version of the site for somewhat faster page loading). Search Ractive shift knobs, the model is 157SC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone have the Wolf console?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=26443

Would either of the two compartments work well for trash? For those who have the Heartland console, where do you put your trash? Right now I'm using those bags hanging from the headrests for garbage and I sure would like to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance for any info.

------------------
vangirl

'01 SS EX with i-VES, Kelton Subwoofer, trailer hitch, cross bars, in-dash CD changer, fog lights, cargo tray

'00 New Formula Red S2000
'00 Flamenco Black Pearl Civic EX

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by vangirl:

Would either of the two compartments work well for trash? For those who have the Heartland console, where do you put your trash?

I assume that you are seeing the basket at the floor in rear, there is one in front as well. Also inside the top compartment there is a tray to keep some things up and not just loose inside. Any of these 3 compartments will work for trash. Inside the top compartment is also where the third power outlet (only the rear 2 plugs are shown in picture) is located. The top compartment is probably big enough for both a small trash bag and a small tissue box. Either of the floor baskets will work too. The small rectanglular box inside of each set of cupholders is also for a travel size tissue box.
I too use the trash chute hanging from the passenger seat. I like these ease of emptying the chute, open the bottom and out comes the trash. I will keep this arrangement for now.

Hope this aids in your decision,
Mark

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vangirl:
Does anyone have the Wolf console?

</font>
I have the TOP version of the Wolf Console.

I really like it. I'm able to fit it in between the front seats w/o removing the stock fold-up tray. It's a pretty snug fit - which prevents console from moving around. I was also able to put in a 10 CD changer, pioneer video decoder, and a audio switcher device in the larger compartment - I'm sure you could put some sort of trash container in there.

If you have any other questions let me know.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 10-05-2001).]

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was wondering if I would have to remove the stock center tray; even though I think that tray is a piece of junk, I really don't want to take it out. I was leaning toward buying the deluxe model so that my 2nd seat passengers could have cup holders.

Do the cup holders work with a whopping 32oz drink? Still can't believe that the cupholders in the stock tray are only supposed to be used when the van is not in motion. What are those Honda designers thinking?

Do either of the compartments have an inner plastic piece that comes out, almost like a liner? If so, that would work great for trash. Otherwise, I probably could buy something that would fit.

The Wolf console looks great in your van, Nestor. I was thinking of buying the grey, but that black looks sharp.

------------------
vangirl

'01 SS EX with i-VES, Kelton Subwoofer, trailer hitch, cross bars, in-dash CD changer, fog lights, cargo tray

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thank's vangirl for the link to JC Whintney. Digging around on their site found the "jackpot" of console options.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.jhtml?CATID=3026

Several models from Steel Horse that look to be nice units. Anyone have one of these? As I am still waiting for my 2002, does anyone have the dimensions of the area between these seats?

------------------
Future Owner '02 MB EXL NAV
Current Owner '96 R Dodge GC ES

[This message has been edited by Man314 (edited 10-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Man314 (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
19 Posts
For homeric:

[/QUOTE](I have removed the stock tray/QUOTE]

How did you remove the stock tray? The console fits tightly without removing it but I'd rather remove it. Thanks

[This message has been edited by blb (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by blb:

For homeric:

How did you remove the stock tray? The console fits tightly without removing it but I'd rather remove it. Thanks

Check out the master's page (ckonarske) for all mods and fixes. Scroll down the "Tech" page on this site to the Do-It-Youself section, you will find a link to "Flip-up Tray Rattle Fix" by Chuck Konarske. You will find removal pics and info here.

[This message has been edited by homeric (edited 10-06-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
Vangirl,

You can keep the stock center tray in - actually I recommend it. It makes the fit more snug so you won't have to worry about the console moving around while driving. The 2 cup holders I have does a good job at holding soda cans to the largest fastfood cups. I don't know about the 2 extra cup holders on the deluxe version though.

Both compartments (large and small) have carpet lining. The smaller one has plastic dividers used for organizing small things. It also has a coin tray.

The console I have really suits my need for the front seats. Eventually I would like to get the Deluxe console for both the second and third row.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the info, Nestor, on the interior carpeting. I would think I could purchase a small plastic liner that would fit somehow.

I went to order this on JC Whitney but they want $15 for shipping which seems high to me, and they also don't have black. Does anyone else know of another source? My search didn't come up with much.

------------------
vangirl

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vangirl:
Thanks for the info, Nestor, on the interior carpeting. I would think I could purchase a small plastic liner that would fit somehow.

I went to order this on JC Whitney but they want $15 for shipping which seems high to me, and they also don't have black. Does anyone else know of another source? My search didn't come up with much.

</font>
Van girl,

Here is alink to someone who sells the black version. I think they are a little pricy.

http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/ms486.html

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
Van girl,

Here is alink to someone who sells the black version. I think they are a little pricy.

http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/ms486.html

</font>
I'm not sure if that console is the same as the Wolf. I've seen it before - it looks like it's made out of wood only. Where as the Wolf console is made out of wood too but is leather wrapped.

Being leather wrapped it makes the console a bit more flexible than a wood or plastic console. So when it goes in between the front seats it's able to squeeze in and stay there.

I'm not sure if they still make or sell black/charcoal Wolf consoles anymore. I bought mine a long time ago for my Previa. I also ordered it from JCWhitney. Maybe send them an email or call them asking if they have or can get black consoles. If not maybe just go with grey?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts