Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Acura RDX
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the right stuff to remove glue residue, as I have removed my dealer's plastic 'decal' from the back of my Oddy, and the pinstripes as well - I just decided to see what it looks like 'nekkid'. I'd remove the roof rails, but it'll cost me $100 for the rubber strips to replace the ones that are sectioned for the rails. I'll probably do that anyway, later.

Anyway, I remembered that I needed something similar when I installed the gold emblem package (thanks, Trevor), and the instructions indicated 'contact cleaner'. Now I haven't had a vehicle with points in years. What would you folks recommend when looking for 'contact cleaner'?

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen.
"Have no fear of robbers or murderers. Such dangers are without, and are but petty. We should fear ourselves. Prejudices are the real robbers; vices the real murderers. The great dangers are within us. What matters it what threatens our heads or our purses? Let us think only of what threatens our souls." - Victor Hugo

·
Registered
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kelsen:
I'm looking for the right stuff to remove glue residue, as I have removed my dealer's plastic 'decal' from the back of my Oddy, and the pinstripes as well </font>
Try WD-40, usually works well for removing ahesive and shouldn't hurt the paint.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have often used a product called Goo-Gone to remove sticky glue residue. I recently used it to remove the glue residue from the sides of a VCR without any harm to the paint. I can't say for sure about how it would affect car paint. NOTE: Be sure not to confuse with Goof Off. I know that will remove paint.

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
No, Goof-Off is safe, too. My wife hits her mirror going into the garage about two or three times a year and I remove the wall paint she picks up with Goof-Off.

I'm not saying it'll do the scuff removal job, that sounds like a job for a swirl remover or something similar, but Goof-Off has always been safe for me.

------------------
Chuck
'01 MB EX-NAV Pics and Projects

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will have to defer to Chuck's experience with Goof-Off on car paint. In my case, the item's paint color started to show on the rag. If I remember correctly, I was trying to remove dried paint from a front door and steel siding. Maybe it was something about the type of paint.

Good Luck,

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts