Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a recently converted owner of an 09 Oddysey EX-L from previous Dodge/Chrysler minivan vehicles. Never owned an import vehicle and was skeptical until I learned more about local content in these vehicles built in
America by American workers.
After going through various problems with our domestic products, and friends stories of Honda ownership, we decided it was time for a change. What a change it has been thus far. We currently have almost 68,000 miles on it and aside from an trans software reflash, we have done nothing but service it ourselves with genuine Honda parts. It still has the original brakes and tires. We will be changing the tires at 70k and possibly the front brakes. Our previous 98 Grand Caravan already had 4 sets of front brakes, 2 rear wheel bearings, head gaskets, 1 reman engine, 1 reman transmission, 2 batteries, 4 tires, and 1 O2 sensor. We purchased it new and stayed with it for 226k and traded it for an 07 Town and Country. Had that for 2 weeks before it was totaled in an accident on the way home from work. It did it's job and kept my wife safe as it spun twice across three lanes of highway and struck a center guard rail. An MDX hit the left rear when merging. After the insurance check came in we decided to go with the Honda. Simply no comparison. Handling, comfort, power, fit and finish. Can't say enough. Very low initial maint costs. Would refer to the site from time to time. Decided to offer some info when I can.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Welcome to Odyclub! :hi:

Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Caravan. Their strong points are their low purchase price and (on newer models) their flexible seating.

Hope you continue to enjoy the Ody for a long time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts