Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a basic 2006 Honda Odyssey SE with no fancy audio, DVD (none) or navigation (none) accessories - just a 1-CD player with radio. The CD player quit working about two years ago, swallowing CD's. I purchased a 6-CD Honda Odyssey player and now want to know if the wiring, connectors, codes, etc. will allow me to convert to my new-used player after pulling off the dash board panel and removing the bad one. Any ideas or info would be terrific! Thanks, Mat Curran

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have never compared the two but think that they should work. Well, you already bought it so what do you have to lose now!

You, however, can't use the existing radio code for the replacement unit. Hence, you must use the radio code which belongs to the replacement unit.

If the replacement unit doesn't come with its code, you need to find out the VIN of the original vehicle the replacement unit came off. You need 2 pieces of info: the vin of the original vehicle the replacement unit belonged to, and the serial number of the replacement unit, which should be on the sticker of the replacement unit. Enter those two info into the Honda website, and it will give the radio code of the replacement unit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Once you get the VIN from the donor vehicle, and the serial number from the unit, go here to get the code for that unit.

Make sure that you right it down somewhere so you don't lose it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts