Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am a new owner of a 2010 Honda Odyssey EX as of yesterday, the car was in a small side crash where just the back doors need to be replaced. Since we need to get a new door does anyone know if there a way we can convert the manual doors in a 2010 EX to a Power Sliding Doors? I know its a good and bad feature but I would love to have it since we have two small kids and getting them in and out of the car will be way easier then just pulling the door manually. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hello everyone I am a new owner of a 2010 Honda Odyssey EX as of yesterday, the car was in a small side crash where just the back doors need to be replaced. Since we need to get a new door does anyone know if there a way we can convert the manual doors in a 2010 EX to a Power Sliding Doors? I know its a good and bad feature but I would love to have it since we have two small kids and getting them in and out of the car will be way easier then just pulling the door manually. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks.
Are you sure it's an EX??? The EX model should already have power sliding doors. Only the LX had manual doors.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
IMO it will be cheaper to trade it for a van that already has power doors than it would be to convert one over. Plus how would you install the sensors in the frame of the van?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMO it will be cheaper to trade it for a van that already has power doors than it would be to convert one over. Plus how would you install the sensors in the frame of the van?
That's the thing we got this van really cheap so trading it would cost us way more, just thought if there was an option, since we have to get a new door anyway.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Converting your LX manual doors to EX and above powered sliding doors entails a lot of wiring harness additions that you have to source out from elsewhere or junkyards. Next question is integrating it to the LX harness is too much of work and hours splicing and soldering not to mention getting the right diagram. As what the others have posted, you're better off getting an EX that is already power sliding doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Converting your LX manual doors to EX and above powered sliding doors entails a lot of wiring harness additions that you have to source out from elsewhere or junkyards. Next question is integrating it to the LX harness is too much of work and hours splicing and soldering not to mention getting the right diagram. As what the others have posted, you're better off getting an EX that is already power sliding doors.
We wont be upgrading since we just got the car, maybe in the future, it was just a thought like I said since we have to get the door either way, and it does seem like there is way more to that then just a door.

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Anything is possible with enough time and money, but as others have already stated, in this case, it will take more time and money than it would cost to just get rid of the LX and get an EX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Odyssey LX, Can I convert manual sliding doors to power doors (maybe just one)??

Hello,

I was just curious to find out if I can convert my sliding doors from manual to power doors? If not both then just one... is this something that can be done? Thanks in advance....

I have a 2009 LX Odyssey.

·
Administrator
14,514 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Pretty sure -- without referring to the other link mentioned above -- it would not be economically-feasible. By the time you get a motorized door and integrate all the wiring and switches and sensors and what-not, even if you eliminate the labor by doing everything yourself, you'd be far better off trading your manual-door vehicle for one that has them OEM. But, if you throw enough money at it, anything is possible... :rollingeyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recetly have to fix mine, I had both door panels off and have to search the topic for weeks. It's going to cost a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$. It's probably not cost effective.

·
Administrator
14,514 Posts
Yes, I found it later on after much searching... thanks. Sorry for the duplicate posting. If possible, you can delete this thread of mine.
I just merged the two threads. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new in honda's but volvo's come ready for any upgrades. For exemple a volvo v70 base model come without fog lights, trip computer and memory power seats but they are already pre wired for all those, so the only thing you'll need is the switches, relays or the modules. I think honda suspossed to have the wires already there and maybe you just have to get the motors and switches. I will look at mine cause is with manual doors and want to convert to power, if is prewired and i will be able to do it i will post a tread on how to do it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If Volvo pre-wire their vehicle not Honda. Ive installed OEM foglights and I have to wire everything up from the kit Ive bought from Bernardi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to turn my power doors into manual doors because they are toast. Tried everything to reset them and it will not work. Changed out the battery and bam = no working doors and fuse trick will not reset them. Big pain in the rear. Manual doors would be better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to turn my power doors into manual doors because they are toast. Tried everything to reset them and it will not work. Changed out the battery and bam = no working doors and fuse trick will not reset them. Big pain in the rear. Manual doors would be better.
Turning the power sliding door switch to OFF turns them into manual doors (on my 2005).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts