Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving from Houston to Atlanta yesterday, our 2000 Ody with 114K miles stranded us on the interstate near Auburn, AL.

A very helpful sheriff's deputy arranged a tow to a local dealership and helped get my family to a hotel.

The original tranny was replaced at 51K. The dealer wants $4800 to fix. Goodwill requests denied by DSM and Honda corporate.

Tomorrow I'll check into third party tranny shops, I guess. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: sorry, thought I was adding to the 2000 tranny thread, not starting a new thread.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Call around, its going to take you at least a week or two to get anything done. Reccomend renting a car to finish your trip while you wait.

Things to look for,

Ask questions, see what they know about the transmission in the Honda. Ie what are the issues caused by. Ideal transmission rebuilder would say that you need a transmission cooler installed with the transmission for them to put a warranty on it.

Or you could call around and find one that does jasper transmissions. Install a good sized cooler on there with a filter and you should be set for a while longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts