Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, now there's a new player out there: the Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Touring.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Assurance+ComforTred+Touring&partnum=365TR6ACTT&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2005&autoModel=Odyssey EX&autoModClar=

Lots of great reviews and comments about the CS4's and the reviews on Tire Rack are pretty encouraging for the Goodyear's. It's a brand new tire so not much user reviews and info out there but it seems like a great tire.

And the GY is so much better looking than the busy looking sidewalls of the Cooper's.

I'm going to need to replace the LX4's soon so please provide any input you may have on this on-going dilemma.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered the 235/55-18 Comfort-tred for my Ody should have them on this weekend. The current tires are BFG and they resonate inside the cabin (hummmmm). I will post results after install but remember these are a lower profile than stock. Cheers

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put the Cooper CS4's on our 2005 EX-L replacing the second set of LX4s. Each set of Michelin's lasted about 45k miles. The mileage wasn't so much of an issue as the lack of wet traction. The Michelin's were losing traction on wet pavement in situations you wouldn't expect from an all-season tire, even with reasonable tread left.

It took the tire shop two tries to get the Coopers balanced correctly...not sure if this was a tire issue or installer issue. However, now that they are properly balanced, I am very satisfied with this choice. Compared to the LX4s, these tires are quieter and ride smoother. Also, based upon a recent rainy day, they have much better wet traction.

BTW. I paid $518 w/tax less a $50 mfg rebate for these tires.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry for the extremely late reply. I don't get on here much. The Comfort tred tires have been great so far on the Ody but on my other car which sees highway speeds for 100 miles a day they have been horrible. They went from very smooth and quiet to unbearably loud. The sidewalls are very soft and unstable at highway speeds on higher profile / sidewall tires. The Ody has a low profile 18" since I have aftermarket wheels. Hope this helps a bit for the future. Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts