Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my nosey neighbor just bought the same odyssey as me and he lives across the street from me! I mean I just got mine 3 months ago. And wouldn't you know, he has to get the same one as me!! I don't care for the dude. I needed to vent it! Couldn't he have got a different color atleast? Boy.

Scoots

·
Registered
255 Posts
See if you can figure out a way to siphon a little gas out of his Ody every night - then you can brag that yours gets better gas mileage!

------------------
David
'01 GG EX-NAVI
Classic Soft Trim leather kit; Audiovox entertainment system; Gentex auto dimming compass/temp rear view mirror; Pioneer speakers front & rear; splash guards; cargo tray; power door mods; Helm manual; Honda litter bag.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
A better, more diabolical, way is to ADD a gallon of gas to his every night for a while so he thinks he's getting 40 miles or so to the gallon. Then stop doing it and he'll think something's wrong and go drive the service department nuts with his complaints!

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:
A better, more diabolical, way is to ADD a gallon of gas to his every night for a while so he thinks he's getting 40 miles or so to the gallon. Then stop doing it and he'll think something's wrong and go drive the service department nuts with his complaints!

</font>
Wasn't that done on an old Gomer Pyle episode? I think Sergeant Carter was the victim.

·
Registered
47 Posts
But you can say you were first. I remember when I got my Integra GSR. I was living in an apartment complex, no one had one. I bought one, and by the time I moved out (only about 8 months later) there were no less than 3 others (not GSR, though!)

Doesn't it make you happy to be a leader instead of a follower?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I hate when I see someone driving same car as mine.
I thought my dad's color was rare but I see it everywhere.

Should got White or Silver.

Do Canada have blue ody? Cause I thought we don't get it, but i saw one the other day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too hate having the same exact car as everyone else! That is why we swapped wheels, added fog lights, mud gaurds, etc. to our Odyssey before it ever left the dealer. I guess it is also a matter of what part of the country you live in as to wether or not you will see a lot of the same kind of car you drive. I recently purchased a Subaru Outback. Around here (Atlanta) I am hard pressed to see more than one of them on the road besides mine at any time....but I understand that out West and up North, they are plentiful.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
Source for midnight parts?</font>
That's scary, we think alike. LOL

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Uh, you notice the wheels on mine? They had been delivered long before my van was, cuz I'm also guilty of not liking my ride to look like everyone else's.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Last year I bought a red Accord SE, thinking it would be at least a little distinctive. A couple of days after I started driving it to work, I noticed another one just like it in the parking lot. (My office isn't all that large.)

We got our new Odyssey EX a few weeks ago. When my wife started driving it to church (not a very large church), it turned out there are at least two others of the same model and color (Granite Green) there.

I guess we all just have good taste...

Paul
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by scooderduder:
Hey, my nosey neighbor just bought the same odyssey as me and he lives across the street from me! I mean I just got mine 3 months ago. And wouldn't you know, he has to get the same one as me!! I don't care for the dude. I needed to vent it! Couldn't he have got a different color atleast? Boy.

Scoots

</font>

·
Registered
254 Posts
two of my friends have bought odyssey's since we bought ours. one guy bought a dark green one but, the other guy bought the same colour as ours. it kinda chaps my a#%.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
126 Posts
With so few color choices, and only 2 models, can't really be avoided.

Maybe that's why leather not a factory option. Makes it "more" special. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Customize or be simulated.

·
Registered
342 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ody4us:
I know how you feel. We just got our Ody 1 month ago, and our friends are getting the same model and color as us. Ugh!</font>
Look at this way, you know what they say about immitation!

------------------
Drive Safe,
Steve R.
'01 SS LX
Cargo tray, leather steering wheel, mud guards, alarm, fog lights, transmission cooler, in-dash CD player, Kelton subwoofer, under seat storage tray.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi ya folks,

I think tomhan has us beat in terms of having the most unique ody since I don't imagine any of us doing a mod to look like his.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

[This message has been edited by errol (edited 10-12-2001).]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts