Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Cornering Lights

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Jerry O 
#1 ·
Does the Ody have cornering lights? I rode in a 1996 Quest that has them, and they really help when making turns at night.

#5 ·
Wow. How cool is THAT? Are they just always on with the headlights or do you turn them on with a switch like the fogs? Anybody know? I've never even seen a car with these.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 V70 T5 - White w/ graphite leather

#6 ·
The old full size american luxury cars all had cornering lights - big white marker lights in front of the front fender but on the SIDE of the car.
They illuminate with the turn signal switch to light the direction you will be turning towards.

#7 ·
Can you guess how many:

a) full-size
b) luxury
c) American

cars I've owned? Zippo.

Thanks for the info.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 V70 T5 - White w/ graphite leather

#9 ·
I agree with MarioB. I have the fog lights and tried turning them off and what a difference. Not only is there a great deal more light on the road, but the light spreads far enough to the sides to help see things that might be in the path of the turn. I have cornering lights on my Isuzu Trooper and the amount of light from the Honda fog lights provides almost as much light to the sides.

That's my $.02 worth.

Jeff

------------------
Jeff

'01 SS EX
Cassette, Rosen Video System, Fog Lights, Splash Guards
Full Nose Mask

See photos at:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B5EC5C7BC6CFA07

#10 ·
REPLY FOR DVL:

I also have experienced the cornering lights while driving the Nissan Quest from Florida to PA. IT DOES make a difference and helps at night.

Funny, I was looking at the ones that LAGREAT has and was wondering how or who could put those on our van when it arrives.

2002 GG EX- waiting, waiting, waiting.

#11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Green Acres:

Funny, I was looking at the ones that LAGREAT has and was wondering how or who could put those on our van when it arrives.
</font>
You'll need to cut holes into the bumper.And also hope there are good mounting pints in the rear,and that the kit comes with a bracket of some sort.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)

http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

#12 ·
My '69 Pontiac had cornering lights and I have missed them. They were very low on the front fenders and really illuminated the area to the side of the car. It was really helpful on dark nights on city streets. I once missed seeing someone in a crosswalk on a very black night and hit her. If I had had the cornering lights on that car, I'm sure I would have seen the pedestrian in my path. Luckily, I was only going about 10 mph and barely bumped the woman before I was able to stop.

Jerry O. 2001 GG LX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.