Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the Honda part number for a 2002 Ody oil filter? I must be blind or too impatient, but I can't find it in the owner's manual nor the Helm FSM.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
859 Posts
15400-PT7-005
Honda oil filter 2002 Ody.

·
Registered
596 Posts
According to the information I have, ALL Hondas , with the exception of the Insight, use the same oil filter. Wouldn't parts store and dealer parts shelves be neat, if all manufacturers did it that way?

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
171 Posts
The part # depends on where it's manufactured.
15400-PT7-005 is made in Canada.
15400-POH-305 is made is USA.
15400-PR3-014 is made in Japan.

You won't find the Japan one here as they're only available on that side of the world. For the USA/Canada filters, a dealer can order one part # but then get the other, just depends on what the supplier has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yup, that's correct Jerry. I wouldn't know about the Insight, but from what I've been told, all Acura's and Honda's 1988 and up use the same oil filter. The Frams are 3593a.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My Civic had a different filter than the Odyssey installed from the factory. It was "skinnier" than the Odyssey filter.

However, when I recently ordered 3 oil filters for the Odyssey and 3 oil filters for the Civic from H-and-A, I got 6 identical filters.

After a little research, it seems that the "fatter" filter does indeed fit the Civic, as well!

Cool.

------------------
Nelson
2001 Odyssey LX - Silver
2001 Civic EX Sedan - Silver
1990 Mustang LX Coupe - Titanium
http://fiveoh.homestead.com/main.html

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I recently ordered filters from hondapartsforyou.com, the guy said that the Insight, some Civic's (don't remember the year(s)) and the S2000 (I think) used different filters. FWIW, they are running a filter special now. I bought 12 (have 2 Hondas and an Acura) including washers for $49.80 (4.15 a piece), free shipping. Thay have many other parts and do not seem to charge shipping on anything. Gotta call though, only a few are listed on the website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts