Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just perusing the updated TSB's and tried to open the page about rear a/c lines corroding, that page and several others would not open and told me i was unauthorized.
In the meantime could someone help me with the a/c info? I have never heard this one before.
Thnaks

PS-I did an archive search and there was just one reference to look for the service bulletin, I'm sure i could search more and find other references but it's kinda just as easy for someone who knows to link me. Will I have to post this disclaimer everytime I ask a question?

·
Registered
513 Posts
There are plastic coverings over the lines, in the area in front of the rear tire. Moisture can get in the plastic coverings and cause corrosion. The solution is to remove them.

They were already done on our car, which we bought used.

Nicolas

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can you specify which TSB and which model year ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sure,

go back to 05-10 odyssey page and scroll down you will see 2006 Odyssey TSB links, click on that, plenty to read.

BTW- that was technically not a TSB but a service procedure from what I saw.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
bones774 said:
PS-I did an archive search and there was just one reference to look for the service bulletin, I'm sure i could search more and find other references but it's kinda just as easy for someone who knows to link me. Will I have to post this disclaimer everytime I ask a question?
You wouldn't need to post the disclaimer if you post in an existing thread on the subject. Why do you need a new thread when you can post to the old one with so many folks who are subscribed to it and get an email when a new question is asked?

That said, I searched for the terms corrugated and lines and went and updated the links in all 18 results with a working link. Feel free to search again and try any of the links in those 18 results.

And yes. I did NOT link it on purpose. So that I have to update one less thread if/when those links change again.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you all, I'm going outside now to cut off the plastic and will report back if there is noticeable corrosion.

Boy, that was the easiest car repair I ever did and did not notice any corrosion, gotta do the gutter guard thing for the front now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts