Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the market for a 2002 LX. The dealership is asking $725 to have a CD player (not the 6 CD changer) installed. This seems kind of high to me. It's about $200 more than the other dealership's price quotes. They are selling the base van at MSRP ($24,690, including destination) and they've said that $725 is MSRP for the CD player. Does anyone know?
Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not a chance it costs this much. The CD player lists at $350. HandAaccessories which has a logo at the top lists their price as $237.60. Installation should not be difficult and couldn't be over 2 hours. You are getting gouged. Go elsewhere.

·
Registered
194 Posts
First, slap your dealer upside the head.

Second, check websites like Handa, or H-Parts for all your Honda accessory needs. These sites provide both great discounts but also show you the real MSRP for all Honda accessories (you will find links on this great website).

Third - If the dealer will still sell you an LX after you slap him, then do NOT buy the CD player from him. A dealership here in Canada will sell you a HONDA 6 disc in-dash CD player plugs right into your exist Honda Cassette player in the LX - lets you play 6 CDs plus the original Cassette, all for - get this - $160 US - shipped to your door.
Visit - www.daltshonda.com

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went to a dealer with inflated options also. They claimed they charged for installation. $400+ for installation of a CD is still high. Dealer should charge no more than two hours of intallation fee.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would scream "bloody murder"..

However on the plus side u are only $800 away from RES.
Why dont u just take to your local friendly electronics store (bestbuy/circuitcity etc).
They give u the warranty on their work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts