Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready for another timing belt job, this time will also replace front crank seal. Found that there is two options, both are front seals, but different part numbers, also named differently - one is FRG-NOK, another is just NOK. Screenshot included. Whats the difference?

This question is probably for an experienced mechanic )

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Unless old stock you will only get the new part in current order. NOK part number superceeds listed FRG-NOK.

Reactions: Odyssey.owner

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Unless old stock you will only get the new part in current order. NOK part number superceeds listed FRG-NOK.
Ordered both, will see which one fits better )

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The difference is simply the manufacturer/supplier name. Unless there has been an improvement to address weaknesses. In either case. you generally want the later.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
In terms of ordering, they will send the replaced part automatically based on stock or time of order. And it depends on the place. If I order from hondapartsnow or a dealer site, for example, the superceeded (updated) part is sent automatically. Maybe if that place had stock of the old and new, you might get both. If not you would get 2x new part number.

Same process for honda and toyota sites. I have received many toyota parts like this too. Even I order old part number, receive only the new part number. On the packaging or invoice, it will indicate "replaced by".

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
If I order from hondapartsnow or a dealer site, for example, the superceeded (updated) part is sent automatically.
Actually, I think you mean to say the superceding (new) part is sent automatically, not the old (superceded).

Reactions: surgeon
1 - 7 of 7 Posts