Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I recently bought a 2020 Elite and noticed there is a slight creaking noise when I accelerate from a dead stop. The noise does not continue through the rpms and it sounds like it could be due to weight transfer from stop to go.

Anyone have this same experience?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is your auto-hold enabled? Or does it only happen when going slightly up a hill? Could be the brakes releasing when you press on the accelerator. I know I can hear the solenoid release every time the hill-assist is engaged or when the auto-hold is enabled in stop and go traffic with the windows down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The auto hold was not enabled and it happens when it is flat and while uphill. This makes me think it has something to do with suspension or maybe the active motor mounts but wasn’t sure

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello!

I recently bought a 2020 Elite and noticed there is a slight creaking noise when I accelerate from a dead stop. The noise does not continue through the rpms and it sounds like it could be due to weight transfer from stop to go.

Anyone have this same experience?
Our 2020 EX-L Nav/Res is doing the same thing. Just reached 5k miles. I've noticed it for the past 2k miles. I narrowed it down to the steering wheel. I at first thought like you that it was from the weight transfer and was coming from my seat. But, if I sit still and turn the wheel left and right I can hear the creaking noise. I believe it may be the clock spring. No solution yet to fix the noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts