Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have creaky steering. I notice this weekend during low speed driving (parking lots) I hear a low ticking or creaking noise from steering column or under car. My other Hondas have been quiet, so I wanted to check to see if this is normal. Does something need to be adjusted or greased up. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this problem and have brought it into the dealer on 4 separate occasions. First they replaced my brakes, thinking it was related to problems ody owners have with brake pad noise. Next they greased my wheel bearings. The third time they replaced the wheel bearings. Fourth time, nothing. They told me that is how the car is supposed to sound. Something about the wires that connect to the airbag around the steering column making noise as they wind up and down when you turn the wheel. My concerns: My 2000 ex did not start making this noise until in was over a year old. Techs at the dealership were also convinced that there is most likely a problem, yet the Honda tech line told them that it is not actually a problem, that the noise and wiring were unique to the odyssey. They had us test drive a brand new odyssey to hear the same noise. There was a barely detectable noise coming from the car, and they had to check three different cars to find one that also made a similar noise. I feel that if the noise was not there for the first 14 months I owned the car that there needs to be something done to fix it. They tell me that there is nothing right now, but that they may find a way to fix it in the future. IS THIS REALLY WHAT THIS NOISE IS FROM? DO ALL ODYSSEY'S MAKE THIS NOISE!! It's driving me batty and sounds awful. Good luck! If they find something else out please let me know!!

[This message has been edited by ralphie (edited 08-28-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts